Home

APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #145
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

I'm also having an issue with Team Number 17 on the File even showing up to even attempt to edit in game...I have no idea whats going on. I've been able to edit All of the generic CPU teams and change their uniforms, but I keep getting the "No Free Cloned Player Spots" , which is keeping me from actually playing a game/season because it will Freeze. But the First 8 teams I created, didnt give me that error, and I can pick those teams and play with no issue. It's teams 9 - 24 that are giving me fits, with Team Number 17 wont even show up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #146
Pro

OVR: 0

Discovered manually Changing a teams Name in the Editor (offline mode) causes the game to Freeze when attempting to start Season mode
Old 01-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #147
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

KingJavo, here's a couple of quick things that need to be addressed:

- Johnny Unitas has his Picture missing in the editor as an option

- For some reason I've had two players on my first created team missing from the editor that are in the game and have not been edited in any way in the past. Not sure what is going on but I'll try and figure it out. Wasn't sure if anyone else has had any problems with it. It's a backup FS and a third string ILB. Guess they could be somewhere else in the file.

- Just to echo what decado said, Jim Otto's jersey number 00 doesn't work right. When selecting 00 as a jersey number in the editor, it shows up as just 0 in the game. If you attempt to edit it in the game to 00, it is easily fixed but when you try to edit him back in the editor it resets his jersey number so you can't keep it at 00.

- On the None option for PBP and Face going from 0000 to 28D2, I guess that doesn't really need to happen if you end up making the editor have all the same things as Finn's. Uploading it to his will be obsolete so the change wouldn't be necessary.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #148
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
KingJavo, here's a couple of quick things that need to be addressed:

- Johnny Unitas has his Picture missing in the editor as an option

- For some reason I've had two players on my first created team missing from the editor that are in the game and have not been edited in any way in the past. Not sure what is going on but I'll try and figure it out. Wasn't sure if anyone else has had any problems with it. It's a backup FS and a third string ILB. Guess they could be somewhere else in the file.

- Just to echo what decado said, Jim Otto's jersey number 00 doesn't work right. When selecting 00 as a jersey number in the editor, it shows up as just 0 in the game. If you attempt to edit it in the game to 00, it is easily fixed but when you try to edit him back in the editor it resets his jersey number so you can't keep it at 00.

- On the None option for PBP and Face going from 0000 to 28D2, I guess that doesn't really need to happen if you end up making the editor have all the same things as Finn's. Uploading it to his will be obsolete so the change wouldn't be necessary.

1. I'll add Unitas in.
2. I would search for them ctrl-f and see what team they show up as in the editor. They're probably just on another team. Remember this occurs because I still haven't found how players are assigned to a team and I'm just going by sequence.
3. I'll check the 00 issue. Thought I had tested that already.
4. I think I already switched it to the new number.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #149
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
1. I'll add Unitas in.
2. I would search for them ctrl-f and see what team they show up as in the editor. They're probably just on another team. Remember this occurs because I still haven't found how players are assigned to a team and I'm just going by sequence.
3. I'll check the 00 issue. Thought I had tested that already.
4. I think I already switched it to the new number.
Cool. Thanks. They're just little things but I really appreciate that you're following up and still working on the editor.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #150
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

So I just finished up trying to fully create my Steelers. But when renaming generic players it replaces names of other players. For example, Cam Thomas the backup DT, what I did was renamed him to Cambell Thomas in the editor and then renamed him to Cam Thomas in game after I made him a created from a generic. Now Earl Campbell is Earl Thomas.

This also happened when I named my backup FS (Robert Golden) in the editor Robert Golic, changed him to created, and then in game change his last name to Golden. Now Mike Golic is Mike Golden.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Is there some process that I should go about in doing what I'm trying to do so that it doesn't mess up other players' names?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #151
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers99_58_36
So I just finished up trying to fully create my Steelers. But when renaming generic players it replaces names of other players. For example, Cam Thomas the backup DT, what I did was renamed him to Cambell Thomas in the editor and then renamed him to Cam Thomas in game after I made him a created from a generic. Now Earl Campbell is Earl Thomas.

This also happened when I named my backup FS (Robert Golden) in the editor Robert Golic, changed him to created, and then in game change his last name to Golden. Now Mike Golic is Mike Golden.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Is there some process that I should go about in doing what I'm trying to do so that it doesn't mess up other players' names?

Just out of curiosity, why are you editing in game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #152
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
Just out of curiosity, why are you editing in game?
Because I noticed that when I edit in offline and rename players there, it started messing with strings of characters, either renaming or completely removing them, and when I edit in online I only get those select names. And I wanted the names to be fully correct. But now it's renaming the names I'm selecting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »