Home

APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
When I opened my unedited file, I could only open it in online mode. As soon as I opened it, there were no names. I have yet to open any file in offline mode.

Make sure the file is not open somewhere else even modio or horizon for sure.

Also make sure you run as admin.

Is it a season file or regular roster file? Also, have you heard it at all or used it in Finns editor prior to mine?
Old 01-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #50
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
Make sure the file is not open somewhere else even modio or horizon for sure.

Also make sure you run as admin.

Is it a season file or regular roster file? Also, have you heard it at all or used it in Finns editor prior to mine?
Modio was not open, I've been running as myself/admin and just admin mode, it's a regular roster file, I've been using Finn's editor since it came out in 2011, and have been following your editor on youtube, twitter, OS, and CAG. I have not edited the files in Finn's editor.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Modio was not open, I've been running as myself/admin and just admin mode, it's a regular roster file, I've been using Finn's editor since it came out in 2011, and have been following your editor on youtube, twitter, OS, and CAG. I have not edited the files in Finn's editor.

Doesn't make any sense to me. Very odd. Have you tried multiple files?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #52
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
Doesn't make any sense to me. Very odd. Have you tried multiple files?
A ton. I have no idea what's going on but it's pretty frustrating.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:18 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 7

Can I usse the ratesports.net old roster that was created? The reason I ask was because initially opened one of the season rosters for the Bills. I closed out of that roster went to another season roster file to view for another team. I then went back to the Bills roster and all the names of the players disappeared.

Also any other roster that I reopened for the second time had the player names disappear. I have tried to bring the roster back to its initial state with player names by closing and reopening the editor application and restarting my PC but no luck. Once the player names are lost in the roster file they are lost for good. I have not made any edits with any of the files as well.

This was all in offline mode.

Any help is appreciated.

Also where do I donate money to you?

Last edited by kzdwfy; 01-15-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:55 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Can I usse the ratesports.net old roster that was created? The reason I ask was because initially opened one of the season rosters for the Bills. I closed out of that roster went to another season roster file to view for another team. I then went back to the Bills roster and all the names of the players disappeared.

Also any other roster that I reopened for the second time had the player names disappear. I have tried to bring the roster back to its initial state with player names by closing and reopening the editor application and restarting my PC but no luck. Once the player names are lost in the roster file they are lost for good. I have not made any edits with any of the files as well.

This was all in offline mode.

Any help is appreciated.

Also where do I donate money to you?

Just so you are aware my videos on the first page have all your answers.

Once you go into offline mode, the names are all rebuilt. If you don't save before closing the file, then the roster is broken and you'll see the blank names.

Unless there's something else going on that I'm not aware of yet. I may just save the roster once you go into offline mode to avoid this issue if it's what I'm saying it is.

The RateSports rosters seemed to work when I tried them out during my testing.

You can donate using the top toolbar Donate menu option.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:59 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Software installs and opens, it recognizes my roster file (in the team heading at the top it puts a team name in) but it won't open it. Tried to open it in online mode and in offline mode, neither work for me. It just says "could not open save" and the program closes when I click OK.

Hope you're not using a PS3 roster. If it's xbox then there's something else going on here.

I would try a default file in online mode and see what happens. Also run in admin mode.

I feel like those are the key basic steps to see if it works. If you've tried all this then send me the roster. You may have already but if not send it.

I'll see what I can find.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Well, I finally got the application to open but I'm having a couple of problems.

First Problem: Picture is attached. This happens as soon as a I open the program. I then hit the Continue button (red box furthest right) and the program opens.

Second Problem: Picture is attached. Once the program opens, I choose an unedited roster (not edited in any way) to open. What FaceMask describes happens immediately.

What was in the .NET Framework details box:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System****ntime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
at System.Drawing.Image.SelectActiveFrame(FrameDimens ion dimension, Int32 frameIndex)
at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.ImageInfo.UpdateFrame ()
at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.UpdateFrames()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.OnPaint(PaintEvent Args pe)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
APF 2K8 Editor

Thanks for the errors shots. I didn't see this last night on my phone. It looks like an issue with the loading of the team logos.

I'll see if I can put some error handling to fish out the problem. Might be an xp thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »