Home

Interest in adding PS3 to Editor?

This is a discussion on Interest in adding PS3 to Editor? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #65
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Interest in adding PS3 to Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
How the mighty have fallen. This is a sad day.
Why don't you pick it up where he left off? I would guess he would be cool with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #66
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyrx
Can you send me your version of the editor, please?
I sadly don't have the installer anymore, and Javo has seemed to removed all links for it. :/
Old 08-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #67
Rookie

mightyrx's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I sadly don't have the installer anymore, and Javo has seemed to removed all links for it. :/
The version I have (1.0.1.0) seems to be the problem.
Even with your previous saves (Bucs and Browns) I couldn't open them with that editor...
Making up Evidence Depending on Information Available
Old 08-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #68
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Some users still had problems with the version I have. If you go back a few pages you'll see a user who had the same problem as you. I'm still not sure what is causing it. Hopefully whenever Javo has time to work on the editor he can sort it out.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:25 AM   #69
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Some users still had problems with the version I have. If you go back a few pages you'll see a user who had the same problem as you. I'm still not sure what is causing it. Hopefully whenever Javo has time to work on the editor he can sort it out.
I'm having exactly the same problem and yet to find a solution on any forum/topic discussing the editor.

I'm using Bruteforce 4.7.4 and the latest APF Editor. I've followed the PS3 file instructions to the letter but still coming across the following error:

"File is corrupt. The player name section is not complete or has inconsistencies."

I've tried opening my existing roster file (1x created team with 1x cap), a clean roster file (1x created team with 0x cap) and, for good measure, mightyrx's roster file posted on the previous page.

Not a single one of them opened without the error message above.

Looking at other threads, it seems that some PS3 users were able to edit with previous versions of the APF 2k8 editor, but aren't with the current version (1.0.1.0).

Others have said it might be an issue with the country they're based in. I'm not sure what difference this would make myself, but being in the UK, I'm not ruling it out.

I suppose the first thing to try is another version of the editor that still allows PS3 rosters (either v1.0.0.0 or v0.1.7.0).

So - does anyone have copies of these editors they can package for download? Or the original installer?
Old 08-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #70
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I took a chance and updated to the latest version (v1.0.1.0) just to see if it works for me, but I'm getting the same error as you guys now. So it's definitely something wrong with the editor and not anything on your guys' end.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #71
Just started!

Quote:
I took a chance and updated to the latest version (v1.0.1.0) just to see if it works for me, but I'm getting the same error as you guys now. So it's definitely something wrong with the editor and not anything on your guys' end.
Hi Gill - cheers for doing the check yourself, hope you're not stuck with a broken editor now!

At least now we know that the problem is with the editor rather than the roster files themselves. I'd been tearing my hair out for a good few days!

Hopefully, Javo can figure out what the problem is, or at least revert back to a previous version for us PS3 users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 10:32 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Can you give us the folder on your PC of the 0.1.7.0?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »