Home

Ken Stabler's Immortal Presence In All-Pro Football 2K8

This is a discussion on Ken Stabler's Immortal Presence In All-Pro Football 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Ken Stabler's Immortal Presence In All-Pro Football 2K8

To the generation of sports fans currently in their teens, 20s, and 30s, Ken Stabler was never a Super Bowl champion, an NFL MVP, or a quarterback who once took orders from coaching legends like John Madden and Bear Bryant. To football fans under the age of 40, Stabler was just another gray-haired gentleman sitting among Alabama's alumni, whom CBS' cameras loved to show between downs on SEC Saturdays. But for the few thousand young people who played All-Pro Football 2K8 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the quarterback called “Snake” might be remembered a bit differently.

Read More - Ken Stabler's Immortal Presence In All Pro Football 2K8
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Ken Stabler was never a Super Bowl champion. Unless your counting Super Bowl XI then he was totally a Super Bowl champion.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Ken Stabler's Immortal Presence In All Pro Football 2K8

I never understood people sleeping on The Snake in APF. The dude was exceptional - he could scramble, he had decent arm strength and most importantly, he'd rarely get rattled even after taking a lot of hits. Really loved his Pump Fake ability which would freeze defenders and help me buy some time for crucial passes. The dude still holds a permanent roster spot as the captain to my APF Las Vegas Rattlers.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Re: Ken Stabler's Immortal Presence In All Pro Football 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittaholic
Ken Stabler was never a Super Bowl champion. Unless your counting Super Bowl XI then he was totally a Super Bowl champion.
I think the author was referring to the way Stabler is viewed by the younger generation who aren't familiar with his accomplishments.

"Snake" was the first sports biography I ever read. And although it's fairly commonplace in this era of heavy media coverage, getting that kind of behind-the-scenes insight was amazing at the time. It was a different era, back when the worst offense a football player usually committed was sleeping off hangovers during team meetings.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3
Well, it HAS been discovered what effect ALL skills had on ratings, long ago. It's quite simple really. Clutch boosted his ratings in the 4th. Leadership boosted his generics ratings. Carry on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
What a great write up! I hope 2K allows this to be backwards compatible on xb1, its the only 360 game i've held on to.

I always used him on my teams. My friend and i nicknamed him "Steady" Stabler, for his consistent game play and reliable clutch moments. I wish APF continued beyond 2k8, could have been something really special.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Branchurian's Arena

Stabler was so overpowered and it seemed that he showed up on every roster in the PS3 community, I don't know about Xbox and the Randall Cunningham experiment, but he was everywhere in the PS3. He was so good and smooth I swore off using him and made a team (The bison: Deacon Jones and Reggie White off the edge) that was devised with his defeat in mind. May he rest in peace and I'm glad I got to play All pro so I got to know his career a bit more intimately.

Last edited by Branchurian; 07-21-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:02 AM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
This was the last football game I bought and I loved it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »