Home

Would you be interested in 2K football returning with no NFL license?

This is a discussion on Would you be interested in 2K football returning with no NFL license? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Would you be interested in 2K football returning with no NFL license?

I've been playing APF 2K8 on the RPCS3 emulator lately & it looks waaaay better at 1440p & 4k & I can get decent frame rates as well.. It still doesn't play at a constant 60fps but the emulator is updated often and just a few weeks ago the game was barely playable at all.

I wonder though if there is a way to mod the logos & art files. The files are in the same format as NBA 2K on pc but I couldn't get the NBA 2K file explorer to work to view the files. It doesn't help that I don't really know the first thing about modding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 10:08 PM   #42
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wad3_MIA
I've been playing APF 2K8 on the RPCS3 emulator lately & it looks waaaay better at 1440p & 4k & I can get decent frame rates as well.. It still doesn't play at a constant 60fps but the emulator is updated often and just a few weeks ago the game was barely playable at all.
I just saw some video, and that looks absolutely fantastic. A massive, massive step up from the regular PS3 version.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 10-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 10

Can you share pls

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #44
Strategy Over Skills

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Ok after playing APF 2K8 for the first time, I completely change my mind.

Give me a generic game with the ability to customize teams like APF does and a logo editor.

Throw me in a good franchise mode, generic version of NFL 2K5 is good enough for me.

I’d pay $99.99 for this type of game honestly if it had the 2K football feel.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Ok after playing APF 2K8 for the first time, I completely change my mind.

Give me a generic game with the ability to customize teams like APF does and a logo editor.

Throw me in a good franchise mode, generic version of NFL 2K5 is good enough for me.

Id pay $99.99 for this type of game honestly if it had the 2K football feel.
I can still stop and play APF from time to time. From a gameplay perspective, I still feel it is unmatched. From QB animations, Route Running, Line Interactions, to matchups matters, the game play is so smooth and fun. The one thing I like is that you don't need Speed to be dominant. I built teams without having a Speed Burner and still had no problem scoring or shutting down passing attacks.
For us to get a good generic game like that, qe would need a major company like 2k or Sony to be willing to make it. Honestly we won't get that type of game from a indie company because of lack of resources. But major sports company's knows that generic games doesn't sell. So if they can find a way to make a profit, I think they would be. It would allow a lot more customization cost of development would be cheaper and less resource saving, not having to worry about Licenses and likenesses.
Thats why I miss the 6th generation where we had several gaming companies making sports games, now we are down to EA, 2k, and Sony. Miss having so many sports games to choose from
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Absolutely, I'd be interested, but in the long run, it's not all about me, it's about the other paying customers of NFL football.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Absolutely, I'd be interested, but in the long run, it's not all about me, it's about the other paying customers of NFL football.
I agree. Most customers want the NFL shield. They want to play as or against their favorite teams and players. If a game with NFL legends being produced by a company with good resources couldn't sell well, a fully generic game wouldn't either honestly. Thats what matters to major companies. Maybe in this day in age, things would ne different. Maybe Social Media and YouTube could really help out. Maybe APF would have done better if it was made around the past 5-8 years. But maybe if the generic game had the public social media backing of some famous celebrities and current athletes and gaming influencers, maybe it could sell better. But even then, it might just be a cult classic not a high seller.
I just feel 2k is just waiting on NFL license to open up. There have been rumors. But at the end of day, NFL prefers exclusive deals and Madden is going to continue to sell well based on the Madden brand and NFL License. I don't think 2k will consider XFL until they prove they have staying power and become profitable
Old 12-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #48
Just started!

OVR: 0

of course every single gamer on planet earth would LOVE for NFL 2K to return but greedy ****s keep it at a no. I blame the wack azz NFL, they care not about people\fans\populace all they want is that $$$$$$$$$$$.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »