Home

What is your favorite QB and WR combo?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite QB and WR combo? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2020, 10:43 PM   #1
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17
What is your favorite QB and WR combo?

My favorite has to be Dan Marino and Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice is always open it seems unless another gold CB is on him and even then he's still open. At least on All-Pro difficulty I may have to up it. Marino is probably my favorite QB in the game he can throw the ball anyway so accurate. I am wondering what is your favorite QB and WR combo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is your favorite QB and WR combo?

Young is my favoite qb, like he was in real life. At one point I spent some time creating players to add to the game and Terrell Owens was the first player I created since the one face looks just like him. Any of the gold qbs can throw lasers. Marino is fun for sure. Even with Marino and another gold wr though, it seemed like some team would eventually shut you down, and then you don't have enough of a strength elsewhere to beat them by running or with defense. I had the most success with Young and Barry Sanders as my 2 golds because they let my offense do so many different things, depending on my opponent and what was working in a particular game. My bronze receivers got the job done since Young was throwing strikes. Ricky Sanders (clutch) and Rob Moore (4 icons I think) plus Metzellars at TE. I would throw to Barry alot and run with Young, keep my best players involved as much as possible. Greg Lloyd and Joey Browner with 2 bronze corners held up ok usually on defense. I like Stenerud on my team too even though he costs a silver spot. That way you don't give up any cheap return td's because every kickoff is a touchback. It's also nice to know you're in scoring range at the 40 yard line.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
Rookie

To answer your question better, at one point I had a team with my created gold T.O. at wr and a created bronze Jeff Blake as qb, then later tried a created silver Rich Gannon but honestly they just felt so weak compared to any of the gold qb's. Young being my favorite player as a kid + his wheels on the game made him an easy choice for me and with 3 bronze receivers + Barry, one of them is bound to be open somewhere on pretty much every play.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Warren Moon and Earnest Givens is my favorite combo in K-gun offense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »