Home

Three Copies Of APF Freezing

This is a discussion on Three Copies Of APF Freezing within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2019, 08:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon10 Re: Three Copies Of APF Freezing

I have a 360 and I had the same issue. I was going to say install it from the disc. But you said you did that already. I do feel this may not be a disc issue. I would recommend taking apart you 360 and clean it well. I ended up buying another 360 on craigslist and cleaned them both. Good luck man, keep fighting for this game. It was worth it for me to purchase another 360 as a backup. Also you're not alone, I have 5 copies across PS3/360

RuthLess2KPro
Old 01-03-2020, 03:01 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Three Copies Of APF Freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthLess2KPro
I have a 360 and I had the same issue. I was going to say install it from the disc. But you said you did that already. I do feel this may not be a disc issue. I would recommend taking apart you 360 and clean it well. I ended up buying another 360 on craigslist and cleaned them both. Good luck man, keep fighting for this game. It was worth it for me to purchase another 360 as a backup. Also you're not alone, I have 5 copies across PS3/360

RuthLess2KPro
I'm on a Jtaged system which is fully loaded, do you think it has anything to do with it? No other games give an issue, but at this point it must be something. It makes replacing it an issue since the system itself cost over $500 originally. I want it to work on THIS console, if possible.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #11
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
I'm on a Jtaged system which is fully loaded, do you think it has anything to do with it? No other games give an issue, but at this point it must be something. It makes replacing it an issue since the system itself cost over $500 originally. I want it to work on THIS console, if possible.
Way to bury the lead. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

On another note, have you yet tried your College Hoops 2K disc after rebuilding the database on your PS3? Or is that Jtagged as well? Haha.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2020, 04:14 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

It's probably your save files, have you deleted all of them from the console?
Old 01-03-2020, 05:46 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

On another note, have you yet tried your College Hoops 2K disc after rebuilding the database on your PS3? Or is that Jtagged as well? Haha.
No no not my intention lol. I m just saying that Jtag or not though, with every single other game working no issue, why would only APF suddenly not work? I've never heard of any reported issues with APF on modded consoles, and especially since so many of the editors and hex have been developed running it from modded consoles, i'm sure we would have.

For anyone still trying to crack this code

I've deleted all saves

i've tried guest, and various profiles.

the system is not connected to xbox live

I've tried installing to disc

I've tried playing off disc

I've tried booting from DashLaunch

I've tried booting from regular xbox 360 dash

It all seems to come down to navigating the menus. I can stay in the first meny after pressing start for hours. However if I advance from there into practice, play game, play season, etc. the music stops, and everything freezes. I can edit sliders and options. When I go to 2k beats and change songs, it triggers automatic freeze.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-03-2020, 05:47 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Not to jinx it, but college hoops has worked on PS3 after a handful of plays thank you. This APF on XBOX 360 issue is another thing entirely
Old 01-03-2020, 08:17 PM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
No no not my intention lol. I m just saying that Jtag or not though, with every single other game working no issue, why would only APF suddenly not work? I've never heard of any reported issues with APF on modded consoles, and especially since so many of the editors and hex have been developed running it from modded consoles, i'm sure we would have.

For anyone still trying to crack this code

Spoiler

It all seems to come down to navigating the menus. I can stay in the first meny after pressing start for hours. However if I advance from there into practice, play game, play season, etc. the music stops, and everything freezes. I can edit sliders and options. When I go to 2k beats and change songs, it triggers automatic freeze.
So what I'm going to say isn't really going to help you, but I've had two nefarious freezes from 2K games in the past that couldn't be skirted as a result of... something. One of them was World Series Baseball 2K3 on PlayStation 2 (here is the very old thread on it, under my previous handle), and the other was from ESPN NFL 2K5 on Xbox (here is my thread on that).

I was able to fix the ESPN NFL 2K5 freeze, as the thread was resolved during that time frame, but I never did figure out the WSB 2K3 one. I have a feeling that it was somehow tied to in-game rosters, though. After all, the football game had that issue.

Not to say yours has those issues since you deleted all saves, but either your Xbox is trying to access a corrupt memory file of some sort, or the laser is misreading the game once you hit that moment. Whatever they are, the next bet honestly is to try a new Xbox. I don't know what else after that.

I'm very sorry to hear all of this, though. Really, I truly am.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

only thing of value i can offer that i hope will help is:

remove all traces of APF from your XBox - saves, settings, rosters, absolutely everything, disc install.

turn off xbox. wait a few minutes. turn back on but don't connect to XBL at all. load up game while not connected and see what it does.

edit - as others have mentioned, its likely your console. so if that still doesn't work, i'd say backup all the saves, settings, and data you'd want to keep from all games and just reformat the whole system. with everything being or becoming backwards compatible these days, you probably won't lose much if anything at all, if the backup is done right.

hope this helps my 2k bro!

Last edited by dazzo0007; 01-29-2020 at 10:23 AM. Reason: turtle edit

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »