Home

I can't believe how much fun this game still is today!

This is a discussion on I can't believe how much fun this game still is today! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2021, 12:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I can't believe how much fun this game still is today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I might have to play it again since I'm mostly basing that off the fact that 2K5 had issues and 2K8 indeed had issues with punt returns, but most of my returns came out close to the 20 yard line. Peter would call this a "wash" if I took this out of the endzone, haha.

Punt returns are indeed very difficult and most punt returns don’t get many yards. I’ve had a few TDs off them and it’s very rewarding when you do get one, probably can count one hand the number of punt returns TDs I’ve had considering I’ve been playing this game for 14 years

Here is one I got during one of my season games.

https://twitter.com/2k_football_now/...035824128?s=21
Old 08-30-2021, 02:18 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
Punt returns are indeed very difficult and most punt returns don’t get many yards. I’ve had a few TDs off them and it’s very rewarding when you do get one, probably can count one hand the number of punt returns TDs I’ve had considering I’ve been playing this game for 14 years

Here is one I got during one of my season games.

https://twitter.com/2k_football_now/...035824128?s=21
I actually feel like it's quite realistic.

It's hard, but you have to get "North South" almost immediately. I think returns would have been easier if they flipped the camera after the punt.

I'll admit though. When you're fielding a punt in real life you might get one chance to look at the coverage for a flash before you need to re-focus on the ball. When that ball gets up there the wind can make it do some weird things. Realistically you only have a fraction of a second to take in the field and make a decision after the ball is caught, and APF does a good job simulating that (Even if it was not purposeful).
Old 08-31-2021, 02:01 PM   #19
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I actually feel like it's quite realistic.

It's hard, but you have to get "North South" almost immediately. I think returns would have been easier if they flipped the camera after the punt.

I'll admit though. When you're fielding a punt in real life you might get one chance to look at the coverage for a flash before you need to re-focus on the ball. When that ball gets up there the wind can make it do some weird things. Realistically you only have a fraction of a second to take in the field and make a decision after the ball is caught, and APF does a good job simulating that (Even if it was not purposeful).

Yeh I haven't thought of that about the camera flip, that is more realistic. I also think the kicking is more realistic than Madden. It was really hard for me to get used to but once I did it just makes it FEEL like you are kicking rather than having a meter. The only thing I don't like is that the arrow moves, I think that is unnecessary.
Old 10-05-2021, 02:08 AM   #20
Rookie

Any of you in SFL?? Simulation Football
League??
Old 01-09-2022, 07:54 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I still long for a fully generic version of 2K8 w/ a franchise. I wouldn’t even care to update it. Just jump right in with the randos.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »