Home

Important Note about creating players

This is a discussion on Important Note about creating players within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Important Note about creating players

2k Sports has limited what abilities you add to created players.

Gold - 3 key skills.
Silver - 2 key skills.
Bronze - 1 key skill.

I was trying to make Terrell Davis and I can only use 2 abilities for TD? Not so much with the full custimization huh 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Important Note about creating players

Lame.. but oh well. I understand them not wanting people to be able to make freaks with 3434382499 different abilities and taking them online to dominate.

It was either total ability creation or no CAPs online.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Yeah...since you can bring these created players online, I have no problem with this restriction. I don't get why you'd want to create a super-human player, anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Yeah...since you can bring these created players online, I have no problem with this restriction. I don't get why you'd want to create a super-human player, anyway.
You don't get it. 1 key ability for a bronze. Not many of the pre-set teams and players have just one ability. It renders the player custimization pretty much useless.

You are wrong on this issue because there's no gurantee that it would have overpowered teams during online play since most of the pre-set players have 3 or more key abilities. Second the limited factor is the 11 players you choose not the 5 abilities that each player has. It's hard to get a dominate team with just 11 players.

In theory you could load a team with 11 created players all with 5 key abilities and put them on offense. Your defense would be so weak that the game would be 55-54. Legends are not gamebreakers but they are really good.

So far in the gameplay there's not much evidence that a 5 star bronze or silver player is a robo-player. They are good but not so good that it causes an imbalance in the game. You wrongly assume it creates a god-like player but this isn't the case because the limiting factor is the gold/silver/bronze levels and the 11 player selection.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
You don't get it. 1 key ability for a bronze. Not many of the pre-set teams and players have just one ability. It renders the player custimization pretty much useless.

You are wrong on this issue because there's no gurantee that it would have overpowered teams during online play since most of the pre-set players have 3 or more key abilities. Second the limited factor is the 11 players you choose not the 5 abilities that each player has. It's hard to get a dominate team with just 11 players.

In theory you could load a team with 11 created players all with 5 key abilities and put them on offense. Your defense would be so weak that the game would be 55-54. Legends are not gamebreakers but they are really good.

So far in the gameplay there's not much evidence that a 5 star bronze or silver player is a robo-player. They are good but not so good that it causes an imbalance in the game. You wrongly assume it creates a god-like player but this isn't the case because the limiting factor is the gold/silver/bronze levels and the 11 player selection.
But it gets amplified at gold. I think okoye isn't all that personally, but Marino is a demi-god. And some abilities are 2for1 types like power and finess gives you like 4 second level moves...so you could potentially create someone bettter than any original legend. but yeah, i agree at bronze it's a non-issue...maybe should have been 4 for gold, then 3 silver and 2 bronze
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »