Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2004
Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

Hey guys,

I'm going to make these two football greats and I wanted to know if you had any suggestions on what level they should be and and what skills they should have.


Thanks for any help you can provide!
BIGDUTCH577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Feb 2003
Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

Herschel's definitely a bronze...I'd probably make him have strength bonus, stamina or branching tackles.

Dorsett's a gold...any of break away burst, speed burner, quick feet, workhorse, durability, leadership, stamina work for him. Probably are more that could apply, but those were what he's mostly known for. I say the ideal is workhorse, speed burner and stamina.
Autoproxy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Pro
 
biglami's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Aug 2004
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

Hershel was a speed burner
__________________
https://motofabulous.com/
biglami is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2007
Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoproxy
Herschel's definitely a bronze...I'd probably make him have strength bonus, stamina or branching tackles.

Dorsett's a gold...any of break away burst, speed burner, quick feet, workhorse, durability, leadership, stamina work for him. Probably are more that could apply, but those were what he's mostly known for. I say the ideal is workhorse, speed burner and stamina.
When in the USFL Walker was the best RB in the league...Dorsett a Silver and so Is Walker
__________________
PSN Gamertag: bestdjinfl
bestdjinfl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Oct 2004
Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

Walker is a Silver definitely.

I'm thinking Speed Burner and Branching Tackles maybe.
Fenrir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Feb 2003
Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

No chance. Bobby Hebert and Mike Rozier didn't get extra credit for their time doing well in the USFL (both bronze - Hebert led his team to the title and was named).

Herschel in the NFL was a two time pro bowler with two seasons of over 1,000 yards. Those are worse than Freeman McNeil (bronze); Floyd Little (bronze); equivalent to Christian Okoye (bronze); a little bit better than Natrone Means (bronze); and inferior to most of the silver running backs in the game.

---

As for Dorsett...a silver? What? He's a HOFer. Would have had 9 straight 1,000 yd seasons if not for 82 strike. He was phenomenal. True, the game has other HOFers as silver (James Lofton, Lem Barney, Len Dawson, etc), but no RBs. Dorsett had just as much impact as Thurman Thomas and Earl Campbell who are both gold in the game. And then you insult him further by saying he should be on the same level as Herschel? Ouch.
Autoproxy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
nxt
H**sm*n
 
nxt's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,882
Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestdjinfl
When in the USFL Walker was the best RB in the league...Dorsett a Silver and so Is Walker
IMO, Dorsett is a GOLD, Walker is a BRONZE
nxt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
Pro
 
biglami's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Aug 2004
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoproxy
No chance. Bobby Hebert and Mike Rozier didn't get extra credit for their time doing well in the USFL (both bronze - Hebert led his team to the title and was named).

Herschel in the NFL was a two time pro bowler with two seasons of over 1,000 yards. Those are worse than Freeman McNeil (bronze); Floyd Little (bronze); equivalent to Christian Okoye (bronze); a little bit better than Natrone Means (bronze); and inferior to most of the silver running backs in the game.

---

As for Dorsett...a silver? What? He's a HOFer. Would have had 9 straight 1,000 yd seasons if not for 82 strike. He was phenomenal. True, the game has other HOFers as silver (James Lofton, Lem Barney, Len Dawson, etc), but no RBs. Dorsett had just as much impact as Thurman Thomas and Earl Campbell who are both gold in the game. And then you insult him further by saying he should be on the same level as Herschel? Ouch.
Lofton=gold
__________________
https://motofabulous.com/
biglami is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Top -