Home

Old 09-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #9
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Three Legend LB's?

You can definitely put together a passable squad on either side of the ball with all bronzes, though you're likely going to have to be more about execution and consistency than the big, game-changing play. I'll list a few bronzes that I really like on each side of the ball and that I think would make viable cornerstone's for that side:

Offense:

Jim Harbaugh
Natrone Means
Rob Moore
Alvin Harper
Rocket Ismail
Pete Metzelaars
Kory Stringer
Steve Wisnewski

Defense:

Dan Saleamua
Rulon Jones
Dexter Manley
Carl Banks
Pepper Johnson
Scott Studwell
Charlie Waters
Albert Lewis
Tom Brookshier

ST

Ray Guy
Jeff Jaeger

These are all guys I've played with extensively and feel confident in; others may have different opinions on these guys or may have had great success with others. I'd be happy to give a breakdown of why I like each of these guys if necessary, but I think each has something valuable to offer.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #10
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I've found that Ricky Sanders is a monster Bronze WR. I have Jerry Rice on the other side as a "decoy" and Ricky Sanders gets open so often his hands are insane, i've seen catching animations from him that i haven't seen from gold and Silver WR's in the game.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #11
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

Yeah, Sanders has gotten me repeatedly online in the last week or so. He's very reliable for a bronze, and seems to make catches in the middle of the field and outside the hashmarks with the same ease, which is rare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 01:20 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have had considerable success with this stacking principle on defense.

On one one of my teams I have 2 gold safetys (Lott and Harris, with one subbed in as the SS) and two bronze CBs. The rest of my legends are on offense. It works out reasonably well because my offense is stacked enough that they put up lots of points and often force my opponent into playing catch up. Once they are in that mode, my secondary will eat them alive.

I intend to make another team with a stacked D line and see what else I need to make my defense click and work. What legends do you have on that team other than on the D line Trojan Man? Also, do you control one of the D linemen?
Old 09-15-2007, 02:20 AM   #13
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

I roll with the Dome Patrol

Rickey Jackson PAt Swilling Vaughn Johnson Sam Mills and I also have Frank Warren at DE. They do a good Job against the Run and the Pass and they can Pressure the QB If you call the blitz at the right time.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #14
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon
I have had considerable success with this stacking principle on defense.

On one one of my teams I have 2 gold safetys (Lott and Harris, with one subbed in as the SS) and two bronze CBs. The rest of my legends are on offense. It works out reasonably well because my offense is stacked enough that they put up lots of points and often force my opponent into playing catch up. Once they are in that mode, my secondary will eat them alive.

I intend to make another team with a stacked D line and see what else I need to make my defense click and work. What legends do you have on that team other than on the D line Trojan Man? Also, do you control one of the D linemen?
Well, I have been rolling with Selmon and Donovan on the weak side, and Saleamua and Jones on the strong side, and they're flat out nasty. People don't use Selmon much online, but that swim move is sick when you get it right. Donovan is a very steady contributor in all facets of the game, though he tends to dominate the run for me more than the pass. He gets pressure to be sure, but because that tackle spot frequently gets the double team in pass protection, he's usually more of a pocket pusher than anything else. Of course that allows the rest of the guys to get one-on-one matchups. I usually control one of them, but even when I don't, they get theirs.

I don't see that kind of stacking much online, and I've found that it can negate a pretty powerful offense if your guys play reasonably well. They'll have off games, but even so, they're tough to put tons of points on. And they'll play the run pretty well--most of the time, one of my lineman gets a hand on the ballcarrier or blows up the hole. The rest of the guys are just there to play cleanup.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Well, I have been rolling with Selmon and Donovan on the weak side, and Saleamua and Jones on the strong side, and they're flat out nasty. People don't use Selmon much online, but that swim move is sick when you get it right. Donovan is a very steady contributor in all facets of the game, though he tends to dominate the run for me more than the pass. He gets pressure to be sure, but because that tackle spot frequently gets the double team in pass protection, he's usually more of a pocket pusher than anything else. Of course that allows the rest of the guys to get one-on-one matchups. I usually control one of them, but even when I don't, they get theirs.

I don't see that kind of stacking much online, and I've found that it can negate a pretty powerful offense if your guys play reasonably well. They'll have off games, but even so, they're tough to put tons of points on. And they'll play the run pretty well--most of the time, one of my lineman gets a hand on the ballcarrier or blows up the hole. The rest of the guys are just there to play cleanup.

Aren't Selmon, Jones and Donovan all golds?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #16
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
Aren't Selmon, Jones and Donovan all golds?
I think he means To Tall Jones not Deacon Jones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »