Home

Three Legend LB's?

This is a discussion on Three Legend LB's? within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Three Legend LB's?

Anyone else out there running with a all-pro LB core? I have Lloyd, Mecklenburg and Brazile as my three lbs and its giving me some good results with a generic d-line and Lem Barney and Eugene Robinson roaming the secondary. Though i don't get much pressure due to the generic D-line, my zones work pretty well stopping the pass knocking down a lot of balls, as well as keeping the run contained pretty well with the right playcalling.

I am considering adding a d-lineman for some pressure though. maybe a DT to free them up to make more plays. Still not sure yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Three Legend LB's?

Joe Weed on the PS3 side did it in a game against me, and I was hard pressed to move the ball consistently. He had Thomas, Tuggle, and Lloyd, along with Barney and Waters in the secondary. Tough crew, and he knew what he was doing with them too.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I use a created Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks, Harry Carson and Pepper Johnson in my recreated 88-90 giants team. Also popped in there Joey Browner as my strong safety to bring extra help when needed.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

I play an 11 man defense, so yes. I think they're all bronze.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

on my created all-time buccaneer teams i have a gold (derrick brooks) and two bronze lbs' (hardy nickerson, and Hugh green) and so far it has been great i have held barry sanders to a 2.5 ypc average and earl campbell to right over three, I also have a run stuffing line with lee roy selmon at def end but i see the lb corps as the secret to stopping the run on this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
on my created all-time buccaneer teams i have a gold (derrick brooks) and two bronze lbs' (hardy nickerson, and Hugh green) and so far it has been great i have held barry sanders to a 2.5 ypc average and earl campbell to right over three, I also have a run stuffing line with lee roy selmon at def end but i see the lb corps as the secret to stopping the run on this game

I dont necessarily agree LBs are key to stopping the run....BUT I do agree that stacking legends anywhere is the most effective use of them on defense. Stacking them at DL/LB/DB - doesnt matter - but load one area to increase effectiveness and limit options of the other team is the best use of defensive legends.

It just seems to be a better choice than if you have them spread out. I have teams done each way - stacked DL, stacked LB, stacked DB - all are effective. The thing is you can almost stack two tiers - DL & DB, LB & DB, DL & LB and still have enough legends on offense to be effective. Its clear than one legend on DL isnt ANY better than none - pretty much the same for LB and DB....easy to be negated. A specialized generic staff will work - for instance a run stuffing DL or LB corps.

I have an all generic LB core on one team and they are VERY effective because the all legend DL keeps them free from blocks. The stacked LB corp team does fine because they are effective in run and pass situations and fight thru blocks when they have to....

Just stack 'em...!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Lorax, I think there's something to your "stack 'em" philosophy. I've got an all-legend d-line comprised of two gold and two bronzes covering multiple skill sets, and they flat out dominate. It's very hard to run against them because usually at least one of them gets a hand on the ballcarier either in the backfield or at the line, before chargeup moves begin, and usually there's another lineman or a linebacker close by to finish things up if necessary. And passing against them can also be very difficult. On a good day, I'm looking at eight sacks; on a bad one four and lots of bad decisions/hurried throws. I played the #10 guy a couple of days ago and he only scored 7 points on me (problem was, I scored 0)--he said that line held his runner to fewer than 100 yards for the first time in a long time, and I attribute the overall success of that defense to the concentration of my legends along the line.

I thinkI'd win a lot more games with that team if I were better offensively and if I could kick more consistently, because defensively, I'm in every single game with that squad.

I've got teams more evenly dispersed, but good players can isolate your non-legend safety, corner, or whatever, and if you've just got one legend on the line or in the secondary, you've got to hope that he has a really, really good day to make a difference. When you stack, one or two guys can have off days but the overall production can remain high.

I could see principle working with LBs, especially if you've got space-eaters up front or can at least control the lineman manually to throw off the blocking schemes. Thomas gets to guys fast, and he hits hard when he gets there. Bednarik and Lloyd would also be a tough combo, along with someone in the middle who has run-reader ability to get into the hole before totally washed out by blockers.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Speaking of stacking positions, what about spending all my bronze on one side of the ball and gold/silver on the other?

I'm thinking about spending my bronzes on offense and gold/silver on LB's and DB's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »