Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #9
All Star
 
EnglishBull34's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,974
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Yeah, I hear ya. But check this out. Not only did I have Doris, I had Hubbard also. Real messed up. The drop-aholics.
Wow, drae, that's a combo from hell. In fact, I think the final, unpublished circle of Dante's Inferno had those two strapped to a wall, with lopped off hands and balls from the juggs machine hurled at their faces, doomed to forever suffer the inability to make a catch.

I hope you found out what these guys were about on the practice field and didn't have to figure it out online
EnglishBull34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #10
MVP
 
drae2's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Wow, drae, that's a combo from hell. In fact, I think the final, unpublished circle of Dante's Inferno had those two strapped to a wall, with lopped off hands and balls from the juggs machine hurled at their faces, doomed to forever suffer the inability to make a catch.

I hope you found out what these guys were about on the practice field and didn't have to figure it out online
Troj, I'm not playing online until I create my new team. And if I get either one of them on that team, I'm creating another team, and another one, and another one until those demon spawns are not on my team.
drae2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #11
All Star
 
EnglishBull34's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,974
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Troj, I'm not playing online until I create my new team. And if I get either one of them on that team, I'm creating another team, and another one, and another one until those demon spawns are not on my team.
Good luck! I feel the same way, lol.
EnglishBull34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #12
Banned
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 22,335
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Troj, I'm not playing online until I create my new team. And if I get either one of them on that team, I'm creating another team, and another one, and another one until those demon spawns are not on my team.
You don't have to change your team to get rid of one player.
Cebby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:52 AM   #13
All Star
 
EnglishBull34's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,974
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

I know, but when you go into your generics select list at all, it modifies all your generics randomly. Is there a workaround for this that you know other than toggling back and forth until you find the guys you think you had before?
EnglishBull34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

i have a similar experience with a wide out named simpson #82. got him when i go balanced for wide outs. you throw this guy a simple out route and he is all alone except for the guy that's holding the chains and THUNK!!! he drops the ball BUT you throw him a 30 yard post with the corner AND safety bearing down on him and IN TRAFFIC, HE'LL CATCH IT, one-handed, both feet in bounds, toe- drag, the whole 9!!!! i don't know whether to kiss him or KILL him!!!
__________________
"THIS S**T IS CHESS, IT AIN'T CHECKERS!!!!"

denzel washington- 'training day'
bamaboi003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #15
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2002
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I know, but when you go into your generics select list at all, it modifies all your generics randomly. Is there a workaround for this that you know other than toggling back and forth until you find the guys you think you had before?

Actually, not even in that screen. If you just went into the edit team and hit start all the way thru - your generics are recreated.....Kind of sucks, when you find one or two you like - even changing the legends or uniform changes the generics...
Lorax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #16
All Star
 
EnglishBull34's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,974
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

Yep, it is frustrating to have the revolving door of legends if you make changes, and their up and down performance can be tough, but I've discovered that working with a gold quarterback with leadership can make a difference. I just started playing with Staubach, and the balanced receivers are making catches consistently now. This is totally hypothetical, but I think the leadership bonus is higher for a gold QB than a bronze one; I can't imagine they'd play as consistently for John Brodie, in fact I know they don't. I'm only a few games into this experiment, so we'll see if it lasts, but it seems to be making a difference.
EnglishBull34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.

Top -