Home

The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

This is a discussion on The Dorris Sommers Haters Club within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

I think I would have to disagree with some of the posters. My generics are off the chain. I had Dorris Summers as a deep threat and he was outstanding. If I needed a big gain and my 2 best wrs double-covered, I throw it deep to Summers. Also, my generic DE leads the league in sacks. I use a lot of twists and stunts. I got a generic RB who leads the league in TD's. I use the shovel pass at the goalline. I think its how u use them in the game which determines their success.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yep, it is frustrating to have the revolving door of legends if you make changes, and their up and down performance can be tough, but I've discovered that working with a gold quarterback with leadership can make a difference. I just started playing with Staubach, and the balanced receivers are making catches consistently now. This is totally hypothetical, but I think the leadership bonus is higher for a gold QB than a bronze one; I can't imagine they'd play as consistently for John Brodie, in fact I know they don't. I'm only a few games into this experiment, so we'll see if it lasts, but it seems to be making a difference.
I have a team with John Brodie as my QB. Brodie is da man & probably the most under-rated QB in the game, not to mention in the Bronze tier. I wonder if people know that Brodie threw for over 30,000 yds in his career & spent that career all with the 49ers

As for Sommers, he's terrible
Old 09-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I didn't know that about Brodie, but have had some success with him. I tried him out because of his leadership ability, and I think I played decent with him. Nobody in the bronze tier tops Harbaugh for me, though I can't say I've given them all a fair shot. Is there anything specific about Brodie's play style on the game that you notice as being particularly good or distinctive? I don't remember my results with him that well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »