Home

The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

This is a discussion on The Dorris Sommers Haters Club within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

Okay, so I don't know if anyone else has a team with this guy on it, but he seems to find new ways to suck everytime I use him. I just played a HALF where he dropped four passes, then caught and fumbled another. Most of the generics have the hit-or-miss feel, but many can be used if you know what they can do. I can't figure out what Sommers can do for the life of me. He's a "balanced" receiver, but I don't see why he's in the game. He was so bad that Dan and Peter made fun of him after the fourth drop and said he didn't even deserve to be on the field. The commentary was pretty funny but having this guy on your team isn't.

Anyone else feel similarly about Sommers or any other generic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Pro

jerseyboi2284's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Dorris Sommers Haters Club

LOL....damn....i guess im on the opposite end of the stick, I have a man-crush on most of the generics on my team, I got a stiff O-Line that only allows the killers of APF to even think about penetration, my backup RB runs trick plays like he wrote them up himself, and on D I have a DE named Javon Kirk (i swear) that plays like his similarly named counterpart and is avg 2 sacks a game in my season and that is pretty good 4 a generic IMHO

i cant really remember the other names off hand but they give me the most fun game of football i have ever gotten to play since tecmo bowl (before realism was an option LOL)

Kings . Cowboys . Nets .PERIOD.

If all else fails bust a couple quarts of skeet in a jar....(totalownership)
Old 08-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

I thought generics were made up by the game during team creation. Are they not?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Timmay--You get a set pool of generics, but they vary. If you go with "balanced" running backs, you might get Candidate, Myers, or maybe one other guy. I've had this Sommers guy several times when I've created teams with "balanced" receivers.

Jerseboy: I hear you man. I've got some that I love, especially the possession receivers, the coverage corners, and the pass ruch d-lineman. It's just the "balanced" receivers that I've had problems. I'm definitely loving this game, and loving that there are certain generics that you can lean on instead of just having to lean on your stars the whole time.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I definitely would never pick the deep threat receivers or whatever they're called. If the balanced receivers drop as many balls as they do, imagine how many balls the deep threat ones would.

BTW, I think the QB's leadership quality comes into play. Those balanced receivers were amazing when I had good ol Kenny Stabler throwin to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

I know what you mean. I was amazed by the deep threat receivers' ability to drop balls; it totally negates their ability to stretch the field. I even had Stabler throwing to them, but to no avail. I've since switched to possession receivers and have some pretty dependable guys.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I only use Possession receivers and have no interest in any other setting. I want to trust them to catch the ball. I will only use them on short routes and when the legend clears out for them. I dont care if they run at all as long as they catch, I can find them when they are open.

I dont have much problem with dropsies with the possession and they have no trouble getting open for first downs and 15yd and less routes.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Okay, so I don't know if anyone else has a team with this guy on it, but he seems to find new ways to suck everytime I use him. I just played a HALF where he dropped four passes, then caught and fumbled another. Most of the generics have the hit-or-miss feel, but many can be used if you know what they can do. I can't figure out what Sommers can do for the life of me. He's a "balanced" receiver, but I don't see why he's in the game. He was so bad that Dan and Peter made fun of him after the fourth drop and said he didn't even deserve to be on the field. The commentary was pretty funny but having this guy on your team isn't.

Anyone else feel similarly about Sommers or any other generic?
Yeah, I hear ya. But check this out. Not only did I have Doris, I had Hubbard also. Real messed up. The drop-aholics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »