Home

Who says generics don't get the job done??

This is a discussion on Who says generics don't get the job done?? within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Who says generics don't get the job done??

Supernaw is the man--I'll take him any day over McDaniel.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

If you haven't tried a generic QB, I highly recommend it....I can't go any other way now.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Are you serious about the generic QB? I've never tried one online, but would be scared. What's your online record with one?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

My brother used one for a couple weeks and had some good results

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 09-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Are you serious about the generic QB? I've never tried one online, but would be scared. What's your online record with one?
Sorry I missed this question....yes, I'm quite serious. After last night I think I am now 45-20 online overall, and I've been playing exclusively with generic QBs for about 3 weeks.

Making the QB generic has allowed me to spend 7 spots on defense and just 4 spots on offense....because frankly 1 RB, 2 WR and a TE is really all you need if you utilize your playbook anyway.

If you haven't, give it a shot. I use the pocket passers. Their arms aren't as accurate under pressure, but if you can keep the DLine off of you (and get the timing down on the cuts...need to throw it a little earlier with the generic guys) they are certainly just as good as any of the bronze guys....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #22
Pro

jerseyboi2284's Arena

same idea i had. defense is the most difficult thing to do in this game. its wild how underpowered the defensive players are in the grand scheme of things. so spending most of ur ledgend picks on D was the most logical choice to me. because frankly my user D sux and I need all the help i can get.....
Old 09-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #23
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
So true and so maddening, but when they come through, it's like
Did you say...... "maddening"??
Old 09-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdros13
Sorry I missed this question....yes, I'm quite serious. After last night I think I am now 45-20 online overall, and I've been playing exclusively with generic QBs for about 3 weeks.

Making the QB generic has allowed me to spend 7 spots on defense and just 4 spots on offense....because frankly 1 RB, 2 WR and a TE is really all you need if you utilize your playbook anyway.

If you haven't, give it a shot. I use the pocket passers. Their arms aren't as accurate under pressure, but if you can keep the DLine off of you (and get the timing down on the cuts...need to throw it a little earlier with the generic guys) they are certainly just as good as any of the bronze guys....
Well, I went and tried it, and I had some success. I got a couple of "stone wall" offensive lineman, the ones that make your quarterback extra composed in the pocket, and I paired them with a couple of legend RBs and generic WRs. In the best game I had, my generic QB threw for two tds to my generic WR, one of which was a 72-yard strike on which my WR broke three tackles. I was amazed, and my opponent, I think, rather stunned. I have only played a few games with that team, but you can definitely win with a squad commanded by a generic QB; you just have to mix plays, make good reads, etc.

The comment about defensive players being more important because of the difficulty of playing defense is something I agree with. Some players who are just more skilled than me can do more with less, but I find that I need more punch on defense than on offense to win games on a consisntent basis. That may be because I'm not good at manually controlling guys, but as it is, if I go with four guys on defense, I usually need some turnovers and good luck to get a win. If I could manage with fourn on offense, that would be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »