Home

Who says generics don't get the job done??

This is a discussion on Who says generics don't get the job done?? within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
SBK 22 Review - Brake for Impact
Madden 23 Franchise Mode Issues: Still Plenty That Needs Fixing
PGA Tour 2K23 MyPlayer and MyCareer Details And Early Impressions

Old 08-20-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
Pro

jerseyboi2284's Arena

OVR: 9
Who says generics don't get the job done??

COMMENTS WELCOME

Personally I haven't been able to go online much with APF bcuz either i havent been able to convert enough of my distance friends to let go of maddenitis and due to the fact (i only try to play ppl who i know 4 a fact wont cheese) but i do get to play a few hours after work or an off day with some of my neighbors and close by buddies and finally found a solid team I can live with, I mean I still tinker here and there but the formula pretty much stays the same, I use generics at positions ppl claim to be "absolutely necessary" That is the great part of this game there is really no wrong or right its based on personal playing style and preference.

Anyway Here is my Lineup

Generics
QB, O-Line, D-Line,
(My generic QB throws 150-200 yds a game avg)

Gold
CB, HB

Silver
FB, CB, SS

Bronze
TE, WR, OLB x2, FS, ILB

This team has seriously gotten me to the point I want to be. I lost 2 games out of 7 since I made this team formula the first one due to getting accustomed to the team and the other because of cockiness.

and BTW i know somebody will ask and so far I've been up against a fully stacked d-line of silver and gold (Reggie White, Decon Jones, Greg Lloyd) and came out avg 2 sacks and 5 hurries in 4 games against them user controlled.

my D-line so far has earned 1 sack in every game i've played since i made them all generic but they maintain constant pressure on the QB letting my LBs get inside and wreak havoc and do a wonderful job of limiting up the middle running.

Last edited by jerseyboi2284; 08-20-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: listed the wrong team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Who says generics don't get the job done??

See the Dorris Sommers haters club thread below I've had a few who could get it done but this guy is for the birds.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Just as a follow up and a nod to the OP, I just won a game against a top-50 opponent where generics made several game-changing plays. My generic FB scored a TD, and my generic WR made the game-changing play on a deep ball in the 4th quarter that put me up 21-14 for good. Who knows if they'll play like that next game, but I was pretty impressed with thier efforts.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

There's no doubt they can make some amazing plays. I've seen some crazy stuff from recievers and safties especially, problem is consistency. QB is one thing, b/c you have total control over him. Defenders are another.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

They arent terrible by any means - Generic OL are pretty decent and DL will make plays too. I use a full Generic LB core and they are fine - they make plays because my all legend DL frees them up.....

I have found several I like very much. I have a TE - Jerome Williams and he only dropped one ball in a complete season for me - he was a staple of the offense. I love the to use the TE in my pass game and I thoguht I screwed up by not getting legend - that was wrong.

The left-footed PK - Stephen Griffin is perfect for me - made a 51yd FG with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
problem is consistency.
So true and so maddening, but when they come through, it's like
Old 08-22-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

On my team I have a generic RB named Jason Canidate...during the first quarter he was terrible. But finally in second quarter he pulled off a 60 yard run...
Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #8
Pro

jerseyboi2284's Arena

OVR: 9

yeah there is no better feeling in the world when you feel like your back is against the wall and a generic bails you out......i guess its just that underdog loving mentality......ppl LOVE to go for the underdog....

just for fun I made a new team with only Dan Marino (gold) and Dermonti Dawson (silver) and the rest of my picks are defense.....all i will say is Marino has got to be....an alien...he can't be from this world I demolished an Assasins defense consisting of Reggie White, Ronnie Lott, Too Tall Jones, Pepper Johson, Len Dawson, and Rod Woodson coming out 45 - 10

BTW why does the computer generated teams get to use more legend players at the Gold or silver level than user made teams?

Last edited by jerseyboi2284; 08-23-2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: 4got score

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »