Old 12-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #81
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The All-Underused Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Sorry, dude. I'm a couple of beers deep

Warner it is. I've actually wanted to give him and extended shot, so let me know how it goes.

And I'm definitely taking Snell up. I'm not all that good with the juke moves, so I'd love a guy that I can just truck with.
lol it's cool, just wanted to make sure you had it right, though I am about to give Warren a try.

I am very disappointed with Rathman at fullback. I know he's more of a receiver, but dammit he misses as many blocks as a generic does. I am considering switching to a silver FB (Johnston) and a bronze RB, not sure which one yet.

In my second game with Warner at HB, not so good. 13 carries for 19 yards, 3 catches for 27 yards and 2 drops. Ugh. The guy stacked his defense with legends, but that's no excuse. If I can't run the ball like I want to, then my whole gameplan is shot, and it showed. I intercepted him three times and still lost 14-10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #82
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

OVR: 33

I just put Warner on a team with a stacked left side of the OL, and have had some decent results. In the first game I played, he was shut down for most of the game due to incredibly poor line play (one of those variable "off days" that makes this game so great and so frustrating at the same time), though he broke out at the end of the game with a huge, game-breaking run in which he took a mammoth shot at the line, staggered backward (a GREAT animation if you haven't seen it; I've only seen it twice), then rumbled downfield for 50 or so yards.

The second game I played, I got much better line play, and Warner was more consistently productive. He topped 100 yards and averaged over 6 per carry. What I like about him is that he definitely handles the load well, and will get you something if you keep feeding him the ball. He has the speed to pull away and get some nice chunks of yardage, but not the speed to take it the distance. I'm still figuring out how to best use his moves and running style, but I feel like there's some promise there, even though I haven't gotten the immediate results I got with Warren, who is a bit faster.

I've never really leaned on the bronze FBs. I do have Ickey on one team, and he's not a bad lead blocker. I'm sure he's no Johnston, but I really like the extra threat he provides when carrying the rock. He's not super fast, but he's fast enough to break 30-40 yard runs in the right situation, and he can really run with power.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #83
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
lol it's cool, just wanted to make sure you had it right, though I am about to give Warren a try.

I am very disappointed with Rathman at fullback. I know he's more of a receiver, but dammit he misses as many blocks as a generic does. I am considering switching to a silver FB (Johnston) and a bronze RB, not sure which one yet.

In my second game with Warner at HB, not so good. 13 carries for 19 yards, 3 catches for 27 yards and 2 drops. Ugh. The guy stacked his defense with legends, but that's no excuse. If I can't run the ball like I want to, then my whole gameplan is shot, and it showed. I intercepted him three times and still lost 14-10.
I got Icky in front of Walter Payton and they are a DEADLY combo. I would suggest Ickey Woods over Moose.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 12-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #84
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Just like to echo the thought about Lee Roy Selmon's dominance. I hardly ever get sacked, as I usually only throw quick routes. However, I played against someone with him on the team and he had 3.5 sacks. If I wasn't so happy how my team is built right now I would get him on it.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #85
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I got Icky in front of Walter Payton and they are a DEADLY combo. I would suggest Ickey Woods over Moose.
Yeah, Ickey comes up with some really sick runs for me, and when coupled with my legend guards, he really helps blow LBs out on inside runs. I love his stiff arm and shoulder charge, and I've noticed that just a little wiggle with the directional stick while running will give you some nice broken tackles as well due to his apparent leg strength.

And vis-a-vis Selmon, I'm glad someone else has joined the club. It's been a long time since I deconstructed the all d-line team, but man was he deadly. He explodes out of that swim move like he was shot out of a cannon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #86
MVP

Rainey's Arena

I know this thread is for the all-underused players out there, but I think it is kinda evolving into what people think are the best teams to use. Here is a team I have now that I think is perhaps the best I've ever put together as the only two games I've lost with them was totally all of my fault from bad play-calling.

Gold: Elway
Gold: Rice

Silver: Chuck Muncie
Silver: Bednarik
Silver Greg Lloyd

Bronze: Alvin Harper
Bronze: Jaeger
Bronze: McDaniel
Bronze: Eugene Robinson
Bronze: Charlie Waters
Bronze: Chris Speilman
Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #87
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

I'm hardly the thread police, so feel free to put up your team. My personal interest is in learning more about guys I don't see online very much or haven't used on my own teams, so I'm curious about Muncie. How has he played for you? Have you noticed anything "under the hood" so to speak, stuff he does well that's not necessarily reflected in the stated skill set? Or just other observations that might be interesting to note. There are so many silver RBs that don't get used, and he's one that I'm curious about.

Regarding your team, I think it's a good one, though McDaniel is on my sh*t list. That guy plays like a bum for me.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #88
MVP

Rainey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm hardly the thread police, so feel free to put up your team. My personal interest is in learning more about guys I don't see online very much or haven't used on my own teams, so I'm curious about Muncie. How has he played for you? Have you noticed anything "under the hood" so to speak, stuff he does well that's not necessarily reflected in the stated skill set? Or just other observations that might be interesting to note. There are so many silver RBs that don't get used, and he's one that I'm curious about.

Regarding your team, I think it's a good one, though McDaniel is on my sh*t list. That guy plays like a bum for me.
Just a side note on McDaniel... he is a freaking beast for me, I don't know why... maybe it is the type of defenses I call that set him up to succeed?

Muncie has quality speed, can break tackles with either a shoulder charge or a spin move, just not as good as others. However, the best thing about him sometimes is guys just simply bounce off without any type of move and he doesn't slow down at all. So, if a corner slips off his block and you weren't expecting him he could possibly just bounce off and you keep going full speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »