Home

The All-Underused Team

This is a discussion on The All-Underused Team within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The All-Underused Team

Tell me more about McDaniel. I've got a hunch that some guys are better in zone and some in man, but I haven't really figured it all out yet. I know being a Raider fan that McDaniel played lots of man and was a really good cover guy, but I just get such inconsistent production out of him that I can't make head or tail of him.

Interesting note on Muncie, by the way. I hate getting brought down by generic corners or safeties who slip off a block just enough to get an arm or shoulder on you. Having a guy who can run through that stuff would be nice. I know that in season mode Muncie is a beast, especially with the spin move you noted. That's weird, I think, since he's not listed as having a good one, but if it works, it works.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just to add to the Selmon love: once he beats his blocker(s), I don't think any player in the game closes quicker on the QB. It's inhuman.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

Agreed; he's like greased lightning. What's weird is that he doesn't have the "closing speed" attribute, but he certainly plays like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm hardly the thread police, so feel free to put up your team. My personal interest is in learning more about guys I don't see online very much or haven't used on my own teams, so I'm curious about Muncie. How has he played for you? Have you noticed anything "under the hood" so to speak, stuff he does well that's not necessarily reflected in the stated skill set? Or just other observations that might be interesting to note. There are so many silver RBs that don't get used, and he's one that I'm curious about.

Regarding your team, I think it's a good one, though McDaniel is on my sh*t list. That guy plays like a bum for me.

Mel Renfro..I picked him by accident one time and thought I actually had lester hayes or lem barney out there.

Bob Simms. If people have a gold OL..its almost always munoz..Simms is just as good and has "speed burner"

Joe Theisman
Ricky Waters-a mini roger craig

Irving Fryar..money in posession reciever underneath patterns...hardly ever used.

George Macafee

Thurman Thomas. This one shocks me. He's like a gold RB and gold WR in one body.

Pete Philos--probably the least likely silver reciever to be used..dont know why. he has strength bonus, posession and tough over the middle. What more could you want??

Otis Anderson...he's a hoss
Jeff Hostetler

I see very little "Too Tall Jones"

No one uses Randy White, Art Donovan or any of the gold DTs. Try putting 2 of them om your team with Harry Carson at MLB and watch between the tackle runs become a wasteland.

Steve Grogan: PickI think he's the best bronze QB..I have no complaints about him.

Those are the ones that stick out to me right now.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2

Another vote for Grogan, he's not great at any one thing, but competent in and out of the pocket, and very consistent.

I actually think Watters is a little bit better than Roger Craig overall -- he breaks more tackles and has a bit more speed -- even though Craig's Mr. 3rd Down attribute makes him pretty sweet catching passes on third-and-medium.

Anyone use Dave Butz instead of Fridge/Salemuna (spelling?)? Supposedly a run stuffer, but under CPU control, he's always in the backfield on passing downs. Hidden attributes?

Robert Brazile is a STEAL at bronze. Supposedly a coverage linebacker, but really good against the run, he always seems to hide behind blocks and then swoop in to make the stop. I used to swear by Lloyd, but Brazile is a better value.

I just started using Andre Reed instead of Charley Taylor -- don't know if Reed is popular online or not, but I really like him. Lacks Taylor's speed but just seems to adjust his body to catch everything, even when he doesn't get great separation.

Another guy who may or may not be underused: Brent Jones. I like him a lot better than Ben Coates, he's a perfectly competent run blocker and just always seems to get open in the passing game. Against a Cover 2, he is DEADLY running the seam or post route in the deep middle.

I also have to second Ickey Woods. Sometimes I'll put him on a team and use him as the HB. There are better options at silver -- I totally agree that Chris Warren is amazing, he must have nothing but hidden attributes, he's good at everything if not great -- but Ickey is just FUN to run with. He sorta rumbles and stumbles, it might be an animation thing. Just feels good to control (much like Warren).

I really enjoy this game -- if anything, I wish there was a play tutorial that would explain the progressions on the various pass plays, and what the various defensive plays are designed to stop -- and hope there's some sort of sequel.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

Yes, I've used Butz extensively and really like him. His club move makes him a real factor in the pass rush, and he's stout against the run. He may be the best combo at bronze of strength and mobility that I've found personally at the DT position, though Saleamua is a good one as well.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:23 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 20

Who do you guys think is better? Len Dawson, or Steve Grogan? I really need an accurate QB, but am willing to drop a little bit of accuracy for some value.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #96
Hall Of Fame

Well, Dawson is probably going to be more accurate for you, and he's got the clutch thing going on, which really does make a difference. Grogan is a good value, but for me his real strength lies in his ability to move around in the pocket with the quick feet and his ability to remain unfazed by pressure and sacks.

I think you'll just get different things from both guys. If you want some accuracy at bronze as well as some mobility, you might consider Harbaugh. He's got the laser arm and the comeback ability I think. Plus, he can move a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »