Home

The All-Underused Team

This is a discussion on The All-Underused Team within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: The All-Underused Team

I'll try out Harbaugh, but Dawson has been great for me. I've been getting good results out of Eric Green(TE), Nolan Cromwell(FS), Tom Brookshier(CB), Willie Brown(CB).

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 12-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Willie Brown is amazing. I just played a game against him where he was was 1=1 with Belitnekoff, and he shut him down completely.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #99
Hall Of Fame

P.S. I'll do you one better on Cromwell. Wilcotts has no abilities,but he plays with tremendous range and athleticism. In a cover one, he'll cover tons of ground to either side and will make some impressive plays on the ball in the air, though he's more of a knock down guy than an INT guy.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
P.S. I'll do you one better on Cromwell. Wilcotts has no abilities,but he plays with tremendous range and athleticism. In a cover one, he'll cover tons of ground to either side and will make some impressive plays on the ball in the air, though he's more of a knock down guy than an INT guy.
I'll try him out. Is he a decent open field tackler? I can pretty much trust Cromwell to bring down most people coming toward him.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 12-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #101
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Walter Payton doesn't get much love online... I'm starting to really get used to using him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

I see a fair bit of Payton, though Sanders and some silver backs seem to get the most playing time. Payton can really do it all. The leadership thing helps the lineman make better blocks, which some may not know. Hornung is able to do the same thing. A couple of things I can't figure out with Payton are how to use the scissor thing effectively and how to do the goal line dive.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #103
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I see a fair bit of Payton, though Sanders and some silver backs seem to get the most playing time. Payton can really do it all. The leadership thing helps the lineman make better blocks, which some may not know. Hornung is able to do the same thing. A couple of things I can't figure out with Payton are how to use the scissor thing effectively and how to do the goal line dive.
I think for it to be most effective, you have to do it clearly before contact. That's from what I've gathered so far...
Old 12-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #104
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Okay, so now that we've all played our share of games online and seen Lem Barney, Ronnie Lott, Dexter Manley, Randall Cunningham, Earl Campbell, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders on every team, I'm wondering which legends people have always wanted to put on a team but just haven't--guys that are interesting skill-wise but undervalued because they don't have the icon-count of some others?

My list, in no particular order, would include:

FB Joe Perry
K Jan Stenerud
WR Pete Phios
CB Roger Wherli
LB Brian Bosworth
LB Lamar Lathon
FB Icky Woods
DT Greg Kragen
FS Deron Cherry
HB Charlie Trippi

And of course, the no-attribute guys like Bubby Brister, Troy Drayton, and Reggie Cobb. I'd actually like to make a team with all three of these guys, just to see what happens.

I've also thought of making an all-special teams team with Cherry, Tasker, Munchak, Guy, and Jaeger or something. The pain-in-the-a** subsitution screen keeps me from doing that, though.
Nice list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »