Home

The All-Underused Team

This is a discussion on The All-Underused Team within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:22 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The All-Underused Team

After another close game (why can't I win one in a landslide?), I've got to extol Harbaugh's virtues again. He showed the accuracy in previous games, but he showed some arm strength in my last game, stepping up and making a nice deep throw for a go-ahead score that probably travelled pretty far in the air and was dropped in there perfectly--perfect lead, elevation, everything. I think it was the 4th quarter, so his 4th quarter bonus may have been in effect, but I was pleased and pleasantly surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #26
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Matt Snell. He's like a silver Earl Campbell when used properly. Plus, for being a power guy, he's got good hands.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

I've liked the look of Snell for a while, but have been unsure about how to use him and don't know anything about his playing career. What kinds of ways have you had success with him (sets-wise, and plays-wise)? I love that he can block so well too, as it means a big boost in pass protection and some help for your second back.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #28
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I've liked the look of Snell for a while, but have been unsure about how to use him and don't know anything about his playing career. What kinds of ways have you had success with him (sets-wise, and plays-wise)? I love that he can block so well too, as it means a big boost in pass protection and some help for your second back.
I've never used him personally though he will be on my next team I create. I've played against him online twice. One dude didn't know how to use him and thus sucked, the other guy used him well and he got a lot of yards and a score or 2 but I still won.

Being a power back, I would say basic run formations. Two and 1-receiver sets, tight ends, etc. I wouldn't spread the field and push him outside on a toss play or anything like that.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Personally, I think just about any WR with the combo of Route God + Soft Hands can be a handful. There are about 3 or 4 silvers with those two abilities, and any of them can be depended on regularly to get open and make important catches.

I saw Phios on the original list....I haven't used him, but man, looking at his abilities if he even catches the ball he could probably just run over the DB's to the endzone!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 20

Man, I try to use a lot of guys that go under the radar. I've done Roger Wherli, Tony Drayton, Ken O'Brien, Dave Krieg, Albert Lewis, Billy Sims and some more.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 09-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

I love Lewis at CB, and I'm growing to like Brookshier, who I never see online. He's like Lewis in that he's a huge asset in the run game and is very steady in the passing game. He won't get many picks, but he'll be in position far more often than he'll be out of position (which is more than I can say for McDaniel).

The silver WR are good--I've typically used those slots for D, but I've got two silver WR on my latest team, and they're doing wonders. Lenny Moore is amazing. One ability, but he's got the ability to catch balls in traffic, run after the catch, grab balls over smaller corners, and throw some blocks. Charlie Taylor is also very nice. He competes for the ball very well and just seems to make would-be picks or defensed passes into catches.

I played the #10 guy yesterday, and he had Snell, but he didn't do anything against me. He seems like a between the tackles type, from the way the guy was using him, and I took him at his word since he said that the game we played was the first in a long time that Snell hadn't gotten 100 yards or more (I lost 7-0). I think you definitely have to know what plays to call with these guys, so Sportsdude, let me know how your team with Snell goes and what kinds of things you're doing well with him.

BTW, has anyone used Reggie Cobb? I'm dying to try him out but haven't done it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #32
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I love Lewis at CB, and I'm growing to like Brookshier, who I never see online. He's like Lewis in that he's a huge asset in the run game and is very steady in the passing game. He won't get many picks, but he'll be in position far more often than he'll be out of position (which is more than I can say for McDaniel).

The silver WR are good--I've typically used those slots for D, but I've got two silver WR on my latest team, and they're doing wonders. Lenny Moore is amazing. One ability, but he's got the ability to catch balls in traffic, run after the catch, grab balls over smaller corners, and throw some blocks. Charlie Taylor is also very nice. He competes for the ball very well and just seems to make would-be picks or defensed passes into catches.

I played the #10 guy yesterday, and he had Snell, but he didn't do anything against me. He seems like a between the tackles type, from the way the guy was using him, and I took him at his word since he said that the game we played was the first in a long time that Snell hadn't gotten 100 yards or more (I lost 7-0). I think you definitely have to know what plays to call with these guys, so Sportsdude, let me know how your team with Snell goes and what kinds of things you're doing well with him.

BTW, has anyone used Reggie Cobb? I'm dying to try him out but haven't done it yet.
I used Cobb and he's just meh. I preferred Eric Bienemy a lot more over Cobb.

I might not create the new team (with Snell) until later this week or next, but when I do I'll get back to you. And yes he's very much a between the tackles guy, but like I said he's a decent receiver as well, just won't run away from a ton of people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »