Home

Old 09-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #57
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: The All-Underused Team

Warren is lots of fun. Fast, strong, good in the passing game.

If you're looking for bronze WRs, I think Thigpen is a nice possession receiver. Clark routinely eats me up when I play against him online, and I saw some new animations last time I played him that show he's got some hops and the ability to use his body to gain separation at the last moment to make catches. He pushed off of one of my DBs in the last game I played and made a helluva leaping grab--I was stunned.

Sanders is very, very reliable, as sportsdude has said. I've tried Carter and Givens briefly, and liked Carter. I think you have to use Givens as a slot-type to get the most out of him, and I've never designed an offense to fit his strengths.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 8

Here's someone who I've never seen used online but always had the itch to feature- Jeff Hostetler. I'm not a huge scrambler, but it's nice to have the option, particularly against man coverage. I just put a squad together with Hoss at QB, I'll have to take it online and see how it goes.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #59
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

I considered Hoss for my all-Raiders team, but he just doesn't have anywhere near the arm strength that Stabler does, and I like to air it out at least once a game to Branch just to see if I can stretch the d a bit. Other than not having tons of arm strength, I liked Hoss when I played with him, and you're right, it is nice to have the option to call rollout plays if you want, or to improvise and know that you can either tuck and run or throw on the run with some accuracy.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:59 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm really liking what you're getting out of Dawson, too. Nobody uses him because of Cunningham.
I love love love Dawson. If I'm going to pick a silver QB, 9/10 times it will be Dawson. I'm not much of a scrambler (though I'm getting better at it) so Dawson's lack of mobility rarely bothers me. He has a fantastic arm, and his clutch attribute is no joke. It is rare that I am unable to score when I have the ball and not much time left. If I need him to make a throw, he does. I've been experimenting with Marino recently (whose quick release is fantastic), but even he is a bit inaccurate sometimes. Dawson is never inaccurate.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #61
Rookie

My favorite underused defensive player has to be Nick Buoniconti. He seems to be the fastest silver ILB. This speed combined with his coverage bonus makes him a big asset in a cover two scheme. He can keep up well most legend TEs and even most legend WRs. He prowls the field between the safeties and really makes it hard to complete passes over the middle. His speed also helps him cover the outside runs well, even though he doesn't have run reader or run coverage. In addition his leadership bonus improves everyone around him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 02:18 PM   #62
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

Helpful stuff, Silicon. I typically don't use Silver ILB, mostly because of the problems they have getting off the ball and into the hole as a position group, but Buoniconti sounds like he's a really good player. Do you play cover 2 zone or man? If man, he'd be typically assigned to a back, right, and not a TE. Do you hot-route him to the TEs and WRs, or are your comments based on his performance in zone coverage?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:06 AM   #63
Rookie

UofAZiP's Arena

OVR: 2

After all this talk of Snell, i decided to try him out... one word.... AMAZING
Old 09-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Helpful stuff, Silicon. I typically don't use Silver ILB, mostly because of the problems they have getting off the ball and into the hole as a position group, but Buoniconti sounds like he's a really good player. Do you play cover 2 zone or man? If man, he'd be typically assigned to a back, right, and not a TE. Do you hot-route him to the TEs and WRs, or are your comments based on his performance in zone coverage?
My comments are based off a cover 2 zone, for the most part. However, I will frequently use the matchup screen to assign him to cover the opponent's tight end if said tight end is a legend. That way if I do call for cover 2 man he'll take care of that assignment rather than covering the back. He may not be the best at covering the inside run (but what ILB is in this game?), but his leadership bonus really helps the other LBs get to the ball carrier and bring him down reliably.

Last edited by Silicon; 09-26-2007 at 09:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »