Home

Old 09-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #65
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The All-Underused Team

Paul Hornung is almost as fast as Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders even though he doesn't have the Speed Burner attribute and he is as agile as anyone.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #66
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

i LOVE drew pearson rarely if ever have seen him online, but as a silver receiver he does it all, and then some deep threat never drops anything, and gets separation no matter where on the field you throw him the ball, also like mark carrier at bronze wr, nothing special just always gets open and never drops anything near him.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #67
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
Paul Hornung is almost as fast as Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders even though he doesn't have the Speed Burner attribute and he is as agile as anyone.
Yep, I've been playing around with Hornung lately, and he can really scoot. My lineman also seem to make more blocks for him than for other backs without the leadership ability. Plus, he's got the hands to be a real threat out of the backfield. Most people don't even look at him because of the wealth of other, better known options at that tier and position.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #68
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

Forgive the double post, but I wanted to add some info on an underused guy. At bronze FS, most go with Robinson because of the obvious abilities. I tried Cromwell and really liked him because he played more physically than Robinson and had more pop. Well, with just a little bit of experimenting, I've found that Fred Marion is a bit similar to Cromwell. His attributes don't say it, but he seems to play with a bit of a physical presence. I don't remember him this way when I watched him as a kid, but I'll do some more testing to see if my initial impression holds up. IMO, it's good to know who can separate a receiver from the ball, who can put a good pop on a RB, etc, so that you can tailor your teams better. Has anyone else used Marion?

Last edited by EnglishBull34; 09-29-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 9

I'll give you an underused that gets no love - K. Jackson at TE. If you typically play with a TE, I implore you to at least give him some run a couple of times. He only has the Bulldozer attribute, but he is also a great pass catcher....I see the bulldozer as more of a bonus over the other guys.

Dupree is also a silver with Bulldozer, and he is also really good. You will almost never see either of those guys (although you are guaranteed to see K. Jackson if you play me!)

Last edited by jdros13; 09-29-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #70
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdros13
I'll give you an underused that gets no love - K. Jackson at TE. If you typically play with a TE, I implore you to at least give him some run a couple of times. He only has the Bulldozer attribute, but he is also a great pass catcher....I see the bulldozer as more of a bonus over the other guys.

Dupree is also a silver with Bulldozer, and he is also really good. You will almost never see either of those guys (although you are guaranteed to see K. Jackson if you play me!)

used keith jackson for the first time and i like the double threat pass catching/run blocker plus with the blitz happy online players he is a monster in the seams
Old 09-29-2007, 03:50 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea theres alot of good underused guys out there.fficeffice"

One of my current teams is a special teams/mostly underused combo.

Special Teamers:
Steve Tasker - Really helps with getting tackles on krs. Also use him as my #1 receiver. People never seem to expect me to throw to him, so I usually go to him on important pass situations.
Deron Cherry - Probably the worst silver safety (at least for me: I forget he’s in the game on d half the time), but makes up for it with his punt return coverage.
Al Del Greco - Always good to know you can hit anything up to a 50 yarder with ease.
Mike Haynes - Not only is he a great gold cb, but he is a monster return man.
Have had multiple td games with him. Even had a hat trick: int, punt, and kick off return tds in a single game.

Underused guys:
Chris Warren - He's a beast. Like Campbell expect he gets tired and may be a tad slower.
Billy Joe Dupree - Gotta have somebody to block for warren. Plus hes a silver te, so he's gonna be open half the time anyway.

Borderline underused:
Dave Wilcox- Out of the few gold lbs I see used, I see him the most.
Jim Harbaugh- Besides bartowski,he's the bronze qb I see used the most. Works for me because he can throw accruately while moving.

Others:
Charlie Waters
Rob Moore
Brad Van Pelt
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']> >[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']When I created this team, I thought I’d be involved in a lot of lowing scoring field position battles. Been the complete opposite so far. Think Im averaging close to a td/game between defense and special teams, and my O has been better than I thought it would. In fact just a 31-0 shutout, tying my largest margin of victory online.>>[/font]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2007, 02:37 PM   #72
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

I got beat by a guy who had Dupree, and he made some nice plays in the passing game.

A couple of notes on guys on my latest squad.

Roosevelt Brown (LT): Money, pure money in the passing game, and will hold his own verus golds in the run game.

James Lofton: His size really helps out--he makes some nice leaping catches and has good body control. I've seen animations with him that I haven't seen with other WRs, and I like him on intermediate and deep routes.

Mark Rypien: He doesn't have much touch, but he can really air it out when charged. When under pressure, though, he will make some bad throws, and he throws a bad ball once in a while. On the whole I'm happy with him, but you want to have a running game behind him and use him to stretch the field with his arm strength--he's not the type that will get you 8 straight completions late in the game if you need them.

Fred Marion: Not great at getting INTs, but good at getting in position to attempt the pick or the swat. Also, he'll hit a bit in the run game--not as much as Cromwell, but more than Robinson.

George Macafee: My surprise steal. This guy can really scoot on KR and PR, and he's got very good range in the passing game. Despite his size, he's good against the run as well, but not as good as Browner versus bigger backs. In my game against Payton the other day, he brought him down several times 1-1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »