Home

Cap Season--Raiders Fans

This is a discussion on Cap Season--Raiders Fans within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Cap Season--Raiders Fans

Hey, folks. I'm thinking of starting to make some CAPs (I've only used players already in the game to this point), and I thought it might be fun to start a thread where the community could dialogue about which players it would be fun to create for our respective teams (this one devoted to the Raiders, obviously) and which abilities it would be reasonable for them to have. I want to be realistic about this, so I thought I'd throw a few out there and see what others think. I'm going to start with historical guys, but would also like to do a contemporary squad as well.

Gene Upshaw
Art Shell
Ted Hendricks
Howie Long
Lyle Alzedo
Phil Vilapiano
Greg Townsend
Bo Jackson
Tim Brown
Mervyn Fernandez
Matt Millen
Dave Casper
Jim Plunkett

More to come. If you were to rank the abilities in order of importance for some of these guys, what would it be? I may have to prioritize, depending on how I want to tier them or what stage of their career I want to represent them at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Cap Season--Raiders Fans

That is a great list that you have there TrojanMan...The name that jumps out to me of course is Bo Jackson,then comes Howie Long and Tim Brown....I truely believe people don't realize how big of a impact Art Shell and Gene Upshaw were to the Raiders in the 70's era unless they were fans of the Raiders,but IMO that Raiders offensive Line of the 70's was one if not the best Offensive Line the game has ever seen( Along with a group called "The Hogs" of course,had to put them in there) But back to the list...If I had to take my stab at it I would say

Bo Jackson with the time he spent in the League and the impact he had, I would have to go with Speed Burner off the top because he was just the fastest Back I have ever seen from the time he got the ball to the end of the play.He was also a physical Back as well that could rarely be takin down by one defender so Braching tackles would the next.You Really could'nt lose with him being a Gold or Silver,but do to his limited time in the league I still would have a hard time to put him at silver becasue he was just so good

Tim Brown would be a Silver in my mind if they have Andre Reed a Silver in the game.Tim Brown had sure hands and was a great possesion recevier...So Soft Hands and Possesion Recevier would be my two attributes in the game.

Gene Upshaw and Art Shell would be sure fire Gold players IMO.You would be hard press to find a Guard/Tackle combination that was dominate like this duo.Having Art Shell with Brickwall and Gene Upshaw with Bulldozer along with Strength and another attribute of choice and you can't go wrong.....

Howie Long was a guy who motor never quit,epecially if you are making him from the late 80's and early 90's,if I had to choose I would have to say a Silver player with speed burner for the up field pass rush that he can provide and pass rusher attribute...

Hope I have been some help TrojanMan and looking forward to your finished roster set....
Old 06-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey Trojan go to the 2kfootballstrategy forum's scroll down to league's click on the "ps3football101league*top4team's win prizes" thread & on page 8 there's like 200 old school player's posted with all the info you need to create them properly I used it to make a 70's & 80's Raider's team there's like 20 Raider's on it I tried posting a link but I'm on my ps3 & it didn't work
Old 06-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Thanks to you both. I agree, cjallure, that the Raiders' line from that era was an incredible one, on par with the Hogs but perhaps underrecognized because they didn't have a name and everybody hates the Raiders :-) I also think you're spot on with the attributes. That's pretty much what I would go with, but I wanted to get a sense of what others thought was reasonable. I might give Long leadership and pass rush, but I agree that he's a silver type. Brown is borderline to me. I can't believe they have Reed as a silver, but if he is, then Brown is by default. Bo would have to be silver just because of the limited time he spent in the game, but I think to do him justice you'd have to give him at least three attributes (speed burner, break away burst, and power) . . . tough choices.

And kantshootrite, I'll head to that site post-haste--thanks so much for pointing me to that. I've been trying to compile adequate data from the HOF site and whatever player bios and highlights I can scrape together.

I'm away from the PS3 for a bit, but this has got me very excited to get a new squad together.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Would it be wrong to suggest Rich Gannon instead of Plunkett?

I know, Plunkett has 2 Superbowl wins and Gannon had pretty much the worst superbowl appearance ever... but aside from that game, Gannon is definitely the better QB between the two. I don't think you can really argue against 15,700 yards and 105 TDs in 4 seasons, regardless of how badly his career ended. This game is about representing the players in their prime, after all.

I guess I could be biased though, since I wasn't really old enough to be considered a fan while Plunkett was still playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, I like Gannon, and have thought about adding him to my list of CAPs, but the original list was mainly based on older Raiders I'd like to put in the game. I may do one older team, like the '83 championship team, and one more recent team, like the one that made it to the Super Bowl under Gruden. When I do, I'll post the CAPs' abilities and see what people think. I just finished the '91 Falcons and am testing them out in season mode, so I think this is a fun way to get more out of the game.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

More old school to ponder, Warren Wells, Ben Davidson, Billy Cannon,
Pete Banazak, Charlie Smith & The Mad Bomber, Daryl Lamonica.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »