Home

My All-Underused Team, Version 1.2

This is a discussion on My All-Underused Team, Version 1.2 within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
My All-Underused Team, Version 1.2

I did this a while back when the game first came out, and I wanted to do it again, so I put together a squad of guys that I never, or very, very rarely see online. Comments welcome.

G Jim Parker
G Joe Schmidt

S Archie Manning
S Abner Haynes
S George Macafee

B Mark Carrier
B Tony Martin
B Randy Cross
B Tony Tolbert
B Marty Lyons
B Fred Marion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: My All-Underused Team, Version 1.2

I wont argue, 'cause Ive never used any of those guys.

Archie Manning? Howd he get in the game?
Old 07-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

0-1 with the new squad--lost in a very good game to urlacher51. I went to throw a quick out to my TE, and Lewis pick sixed me to take the lead.

They hung in. Carrier is a good possession type, and Hayes has some nice quicks and finesse moves. Cross sucks at pulling--he missed two blocks, so I may switch him for Fralic. Manning missed a lot of throws, expecially ones I tried to put some velocity on. Martin is okay, but he doesn't seem to like the middle, and he won't hang onto the ball when the S hits him.

Schmidt is pretty good--quick to the hole and a good tackler. He even gets out to the flats with pretty good speed to cover the RB patterns, which is a big bonus.

Parker was money.

Macafee is a surprisingly sure tackler, in addition to being very good as a return man. He brought down Anderson a couple of times all by himself and never got trucked to my memory.

Off to play a few more test games.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
0-1 with the new squad--lost in a very good game to urlacher51. I went to throw a quick out to my TE, and Lewis pick sixed me to take the lead.

They hung in. Carrier is a good possession type, and Hayes has some nice quicks and finesse moves. Cross sucks at pulling--he missed two blocks, so I may switch him for Fralic. Manning missed a lot of throws, expecially ones I tried to put some velocity on. Martin is okay, but he doesn't seem to like the middle, and he won't hang onto the ball when the S hits him.

Schmidt is pretty good--quick to the hole and a good tackler. He even gets out to the flats with pretty good speed to cover the RB patterns, which is a big bonus.

Parker was money.

Macafee is a surprisingly sure tackler, in addition to being very good as a return man. He brought down Anderson a couple of times all by himself and never got trucked to my memory.

Off to play a few more test games.
Yeah that was a good game, and i must say that abnar hayes is pretty good with finesse moves. there were times i thought i had u in ur back field and abnar would do some moves and instead of a 3-5 yard loss u would get like a 3-4 yard gain. Also Tony Martin had some big drops for ya. And im still mad about our second game, im not that good with generic kickers,lol. It was a great battle to the end, high end Offense agaist high end Defense. And ur D put u in a position to win.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, those were two of the best games I've played, urlacher--straight sim all the way and very refreshing.

I think the fg in game 2 was poetic justice for the pick 6 in game 1--Lewis never intercepts balls for me . I used to be money with generic kickers, but now I miss a lot with them, hence why I elected to punt repeatedly rather than try 50 yard fgs.

Martin did drop several balls, but there are a few guys on that squad that I really like. I wanted to do more with Hayes in the passing game to take advantage of his hands, but the only rb routes they really have are swings and screens and I largely avoid those. I really like Parker, Schmidt, Carrier, Hayes and Macafee. Even I was surprised that the stutters and spins worked as well as they did with Hayes--I was dead to rights several times but managed to eek out a couple of yards. Your run d was very good though.

Hit me up for a rematch any time. I'm gonna switch a couple guys out and see if I can't get Manning to play a little better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

Yeah i'll play ya anytime, i think our first game was like the only online game ive played where niether of us used the hb screen play that much, even tho i used it one time and u didnt use it at all,lol.After our second game i played another lobby game and the guy i was playing had earl , and needless to say it was sceen, swing pass to the flats most to the time, but i should have picked my aniti earl team where i have greg lloyd and derrick thomas as my lbs, so after a quarter or so of the same plays i quit on the guy, just not into going into the effort of stopping those plays.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #7
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

oh yeah, dont know if u like to use broze rbs , but i used dalton hillard for the first time and he's pretty good, he has a nice spin move and will catch pretty good too. i never see him online.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

also on archie manning, ive tried him a few times and he just over throws the ball to open wr's and it seems like he does it when its 3rd down for me. he has the tough as nails abilitly, but for some reason he will just over throw people. so im asuming when he over throws people it cant be because of pressure, weird,lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »