Home

Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
2009 Vikings/Colts

I think I've decided that I like making teams and deciding what abilities various players deserve than actually playing APF... I don't know why. I have the same thing with Madden, I like to do the drafts (both Fantasy draft and normal college draft) than playing the game.

Anyway, I'm looking to make teams based on the Colts and Vikings from this past season. I'm getting kind of frustrated because almost all the teams I've made have had a Gold DL, but for these teams it's hard to say that Dwight Freeney/Kevin Williams/Jared Allen don't deserve Gold.

2009 Minnesota Vikings
GOLD
DE Jared Allen- Speed Burner, Quick Feet, Club, Pass Rush Bonus, Sack Master
HB Adrian Peterson- Speed Burner, Strength Bonus, Power, Ankle Breaker, Quick Feet

SILVER
DT Kevin Williams- Strength Bonus, Rip/Club
QB Brett Favre- Laser Arm, Leadership (I know that historically Favre hasn't been super accurate, but in the '09 season he had only 7 INTs and 68% completion, so I think it's justified)
MLB E.J. Henderson- Run Coverage, Wrap-Up Tackler

BRONZE
TE Visanthe Shancoe- Soft Hands
WR Sidney Rice- Acrobatic Catches
OG Steve Hutchinson- Strength Bonus
CB Antoine Winfield- Strength Bonus
OLB Chad Greenway- Quick Feet
DT Pat Williams- Strength Bonus

2009 Indianapolis Colts
GOLD
QB Peyton Manning- Laser Arm, Rocket Arm, Clutch, Pocket Presence, Leadership
TE Dallas Clark- Soft Hands, Clutch, Tough in the Middle, Mr. 3rd Down, Quick Feet

SILVER
DE Dwight Freeney- Spin, Quick Feet
WR Reggie Wayne- Route God, Soft Hands
MLB Gary Brackett- Leadership, Closing Speed

BRONZE
DE Robert Mathis- Club
RB Joseph Addai- Quick Feet
OLB Clint Session- Closing Speed
C Jeff Saturday- Leadership
WR Austin Collie- Soft Hands
FS Antoine Bethea- Run Coverage

Last edited by Dianwei32; 03-07-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: 2009 Vikings/Colts

I like it, but why do you have Kevin Williams down twice. One on the gold and one on the silver?

Never mind I miss reading that other part. I would say Kevin Williams should be a gold.

Last edited by Scottdau; 03-07-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: 2009 Vikings/Colts

Alright, I made both teams, and have played a game a piece with them, and they're both a lot of fun.

Vikings
Adrian Peterson is a beast, not to the point of being unfair, but he looks like AD would look like if he actually followed his blocks. One problem though, he can't break any tackles with power moves, I think he's just too small (217 lbs and normal body type). I need to work on Jared Allen. He gets occasional pressure, but not very often for a Gold player. Might try swapping K. Williams and Allen to see if WIlliams can be more effective. Favre is good, but can be innaccurate at very bad moments. Rice and Shiancoe are nice reliable targets.

Colts
Ok, this almost isn't fair. Gold Manning/Clark, Silver Wayne, and Bronze Collie/Addai... this offense is almost unstoppable. Clark was open whenever I passed the ball to him, Wayne was shredding opposing secondaries, and Addai is a monster. I don't know what I did, but Addai is crazy, he doesn't break any tackles, but he is fast and can cut well. Mathis also turned out to be a freak, getting back-to-back sacks on the opening drive. Freeney is fast and has a lethal spin, just like real life.

I updated the original post to reflect the final builds of the teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »