Home

Gameplay Project!

This is a discussion on Gameplay Project! within the Backbreaker Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Gameplay Project!

I'm getting pretty realistic games. Only seeing 1 or 2 interceptions per game and 3 to 5 sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I'm getting pretty realistic games. Only seeing 1 or 2 interceptions per game and 3 to 5 sacks.
Ok perfect I am going to try it out.....Are you making all CB's attributes universal/global as well??

Last edited by DirtyCobra; 06-16-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
Ok perfect I am going to try it out.....Are you making all CB's attributes universa/globall as well??
Yeah. I haven't began editing individual ratings yet. Everything is at the the minimum on the scale except QB focus. I have it at 85.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yeah. I haven't began editing individual ratings yet. Everything is at the the minimum on the scale except QB focus. I have it at 85.
Are you releasing a set of rosters with the updated attributes in the near future???
Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #45
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
That sounds good. May I ask what focus and agility you have assigned to your CBs and LBs? I have the agility set between 5-10 and my team will still pick the CPU about 3-5 times a game. Focus is at around 50 for them. I'm thinking there is more to it than just agility ratings. I think the QB's focus rating has something to do with it, I have all CPU QBs set between 90-95, 100 for Peyton. Favre's rating is at 96 and I picked him off 4 times in my last game. I am wondering if the CPU QBs focus can change from game to game, you know like the arrows we can see for our players when we go to the depth charts. With my CPU QB ratings at 90-95 and my agility ratings for CBs and LBs at 5-10 I should not still be seeing that many ints.

The sacks are good 2-5 a game for both the CPU and myself although a defensive team that specializes in blitzing will sack me more, I just have to run draws and running plays up the middle to negate that. Running game is good with myself and the CPU usually going for between 50 and 130 yards. Other than the picks the passing game seems good as I have been lit up for over 300 yards from time to time and I can throw for between 200-300 yards a game when my QB is "on".. My only real concern is the picks by MY players. My QB gets picked some but it is normally when I throw into double, triple coverage. I have the CPU CBs, Safeties and LBs at around 25-30.

Would love to hear what other people's results are and their settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #46
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
That sounds good. May I ask what focus and agility you have assigned to your CBs and LBs? I have the agility set between 5-10 and my team will still pick the CPU about 3-5 times a game. Focus is at around 50 for them. I'm thinking there is more to it than just agility ratings. I think the QB's focus rating has something to do with it, I have all CPU QBs set between 90-95, 100 for Peyton. Favre's rating is at 96 and I picked him off 4 times in my last game. I am wondering if the CPU QBs focus can change from game to game, you know like the arrows we can see for our players when we go to the depth charts. With my CPU QB ratings at 90-95 and my agility ratings for CBs and LBs at 5-10 I should not still be seeing that many ints.

The sacks are good 2-5 a game for both the CPU and myself although a defensive team that specializes in blitzing will sack me more, I just have to run draws and running plays up the middle to negate that. Running game is good with myself and the CPU usually going for between 50 and 130 yards. Other than the picks the passing game seems good as I have been lit up for over 300 yards from time to time and I can throw for between 200-300 yards a game when my QB is "on".. My only real concern is the picks by MY players. My QB gets picked some but it is normally when I throw into double, triple coverage. I have the CPU CBs, Safeties and LBs at around 25-30.

Would love to hear what other people's results are and their settings.
Instead of lowering all defensive rankings, I have raised the offensive ratings. I have jacked up QB focus to around the 120 and 130 range with Peyton and Brees having a rating of like 170. This does wonders. Remember, you can go all the way up to 255. I want the defensive players to retain some sort of identity and I think this has worked out nicely. I also have raised the oline up to the 130 range but I'm going to fiddle around with it a little more. I still want Ed Reed to play like Ed Reed so this method looks like it will work out best.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 14

Davon,
I wish I could say the same.
I have QBs at 190 focus and still throwing picks!

I am close though- the final problem are the picks.
Once I have that I can release my ratings scale.
Similar to yours but I've been tweaking for 2 weeks and still not happy with them.

I play on medium, not hard, so maybe thats the difference...
You play on hard I assume?
thanks,
MJ
Old 06-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

I put all CB's and Safeties Focus rating at below 30. I'm only seeing a couple picks per game and sometimes none at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters »