Home

NFL Roster w/ Ratings three team test

This is a discussion on NFL Roster w/ Ratings three team test within the Backbreaker Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
NFL Roster w/ Ratings 5 team test file

So I have taken the edited team roster made by (name escapes me but it is the first thread in the post, thanks for all the hard work and to finn for the editor) and what I have been doing is going through and naming the players and adjusting their ratings using convince 11's 2k5 roster set. (Similar to what someone else has been doing but we took different approaches)

Rather than explain it all in great detail, and I will later lets just say I used averages of 2k5 ratings to come up with the four BB attributes then adjusted the o-line, d-line and a few other areas.

Here are the stats from my last game.

Saints (CPU) vs Chargers (Me)

Score 24-38

Total Yards 284- 288
Pass 15/25 274 3td/ 1int 12/15 207 3td/ 2int (both my fault)
Run 12/20 and 4/10 16/93 and 3/1
Sacks for 3 2
# of Rec. w/ catch 4 5
Time- 9:07 10:53
1st downs 9 5

I was only playing on Med w/ avg. form (I use avg for testing but think random will be better once I start a season)

I felt like I overpowered them but they really turned it on in the second half. I may move to Hard.

For now I only have four teams edited Colts vs Saints (last superbowl) and chargers (home town team) just added vikings

Try these teams out and let me know what you think.

Oh, I also tended to use the d-line. You can actually get a realistic/decent jump on the ball if you watch it. If you are late it makes you pay with a delayed get off. I think if you play safety or backer you can skew the results because you can roam the field and make picks. Even with the zoomed camera, on defense you still see more at once than you really would if you were actually playing the position so you can cover more area.
Attached Files
File Type: rar BBCUST14.rar (233.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by C-Bus; 06-22-2010 at 01:50 AM. Reason: updated roster file
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NFL Roster w/ Ratings three team test

I played another test game. Same teams as above. Chargers (Me) vs Saints (CPU). Played on hard this time, still form on avg. I lost the game 24-37. I don't have all the stats but I remember Brees had 3 passing TDs and only 2 ints. The broke a 80 yard run but other than that they didn't have a good day. They get some decent runs but they also get thrown for a loss quite a bit. I threw a bunch of picks but they got pressure early and I had happy feet. Threw alot into coverage. Later in the game I settled down and actually went from a 22-0 deficit to 22-14 and later got as close as 30-24 and in possession of the ball with 1:38 to go.

I think they might be pretty good. I have to lower kicker power and boost punter power. I Still might give the line a little more focus and possibly strength if the CPU run game doesn't pick up. I am going to do a running team next. Either the Jets, Titans, or Vikings. They are great running teams so they would be a good measure of how the run game is. The Saints, Chargers, and Colts are all passing teams and both teams seem to pass well. I think the player running game may be okay so I am hesitant to improve the line any more.

One thought is, although I feel like I am getting close, it may be that I have to make a roster and then specifically edit the team that I am using to get the right settings. Maybe but not yet.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Rookie

updated file on first post. Now has four teams. Saints, Colts, Vikings, Chargers
Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

What did you do to get he INT's back to reality?

I have been messing with the roster edits and While I can now get the cpu teams to pass and run, they never usually score and I'm still doing about 4 int's a game and so is the cpu.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I think it is a combination of things. Because I used Convince's 2k5 rosters for ratings and thus in backbreaker ratings like focus or strength are an average of several ratings most focus ratings for the DBs are in the 60's, 70's, or 80's but very few are in the 90s. For my rosters for DBs focus I averaged their coverage score and their consistency score. The QB's that I have made so far, Manning, Brees, and Rivers all are in the 90s somewhere with focus with the high being Manning at 98. Farve will be interesting because he is I think in the low 80s because his consistency and read coverage were lower. For QBs I averaged Read Coverage, Accuracy, and Consistency to get Focus. Overall players I believe are a bit slower. With the base NFL rosters that were created, many players were in the mid 90s but with Convince's rosters they are a bit lower. Another major is time to throw the ball. For o-line strengh I averaged strength, pass block, run block and for focus I averaged pass block, run block and consistency for agility I just gave them their agility rating but then I increased strength and focus +30% (by doing percentages I get to keep a variety of ratings for different linemen) and agility +30% and then +30% again. For d-line I just used their rating but did decrease speed by -5%. I will eventually post all the ways I came to the ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
Rookie

update- Played with the just completed Vikings team (Me) vs The Chargers

Was close until the last two minutes. I was up 14-7 with 2:00 to go. I scored to go up 21-7 and then they threw a pick with about :17 to go and I scored making it 28-7 for the final.

The Chargers offense was okay. They ran for about 40 yards and threw for about 180. I think Rivers was like 15/26 180 1TD/3ints. Two of the ints were his fault throwing into coverage but the other was a dropped ball by his running back.

The Vikings definitely have a running game but I only managed 15/55 with Adrian Peterson. I just kept missing the big play run by one guy. Passing Farve was 15/20 for 200 2TD/3ints. Again, two were my fault and one was off Percy Harvin's hands although the throw was a little off.

One exciting thing was that Farve was good but no where near the accuracy that Bree, Manning, or even Rivers had. Right now you can kind of get a feel for the different QB's Manning is pinpoint, Bree is pretty much pinpoint as well, Rivers not as good but still accurate and Farve can be a little erratic but then his arms strength is great and he can make some great throws. Two particular throws last game were a seam route to Sidney Rice that just cleared the safety and hit him in stride for a 60 yard TD and a diving catch on a corner route into the endzone that floated over the outstretched hands of two DBs.

I think I will make the Jets next.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
Rookie

So, I added the Jets. Only got to play a little over a quarter but results so far were good. Jets (me) vs Vikings (CPU) I opened with a stupid int, I led my receiver up field on a crossing route. They got the ball about the 30yd line and went about 4 plays capping it off with a Farve TD. I got the ball and after a few Shone Green runs I broke a 45 yd run. I few plays later I pounded it in with FB Tony Richardson. The first play of the next drive Adrian Peterson ripped off a 80 yard run smashing my FS in the process and that put them up 14-7 but I answered again with a playaction bomb that I lobbed over the top to Santonio Holmes for a gain of about 40 and then hit him again on a post for 26. A few run plays before I capped it off with a 7 yd swing pass hitting Green over the diving attempt by LB Ben Leber. So far so good with the ratings system I am using. Next team... Dallas?

Updated 5 team roster is attached to the first post- Jets, Chargers, Colts, Vikings, Saints (you do need to switch kickers on Saints Depth Chart though)
Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Has anyone else tried this roster? I think I am getting good results but it might just be me so I am looking for other opinions. At this point I am having a blast with the teams I've made so I am going to keep going. Its a slow process though because it takes about 45min to an hour to make one team. All the name changing and averaging of 2k5 ratings. Next up Dallas Cowboys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters »