Home

Back Breaker Update Thread

This is a discussion on Back Breaker Update Thread within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #65

OVR: 34
Re: Back Breaker Update Thread

After seeing what NCAA 10 did with Teambuilder, and what you can do with a game like Forza or NASCAR, I see no reason why you can't have this for Backbreaker. I mean, I had the Boston Red Sox playing college football.

I agree though that this game is being made primarily to promote Natural Motion, and that's not a bad thing. I still say they should have showcased the tech in a boxing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
After seeing what NCAA 10 did with Teambuilder, and what you can do with a game like Forza or NASCAR, I see no reason why you can't have this for Backbreaker. I mean, I had the Boston Red Sox playing college football.

I agree though that this game is being made primarily to promote Natural Motion, and that's not a bad thing. I still say they should have showcased the tech in a boxing game.
Football and Hockey work almost as well as boxing / MMA to show off this kind of tech though. Like you say, there are games already out there that have good enough customization for what people would want, so there's no reason not to do it.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #67

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Football and Hockey work almost as well as boxing / MMA to show off this kind of tech though. Like you say, there are games already out there that have good enough customization for what people would want, so there's no reason not to do it.
I agree but with football/hockey, you have multiple players. I was thinking start small with two guys in a ring, showing off the tech.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I agree but with football/hockey, you have multiple players. I was thinking start small with two guys in a ring, showing off the tech.
In some ways though boxing limits what you can show, since there aren't a huge variety of different actions. MMA is slightly better, but team sports have the largest variety of interactions that can really show stuff off.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #69
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

I think they chose football because they are going for the big splash. Which is refreshing after watching EA add and lose features while taking no risks with actual gameplay. I don't blame them, being EA, because they have a moneymaker on their hands so why mess with it. But I would love to see somebody push the envelope and give us a glimpse of what is possible with next gen.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #70
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Can we call this thread "Oblivious to Reality"
Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #71
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Hey I have a game that's in development too, it'll never come out but I'll keep saying that it's in development and hopefully I'll get some fans. There's gonna be a big information blowout at the next major gaming convention but it'll be behind closed doors and no videos will come out of it. Follow me on twitter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 02:17 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think their development is just going at a really slow pace. There's suppose to be less than 10 people working on the game.

Guerrilla Games had 140 people working on Killzone 2, and it took them 5 years to finish the game. Obviously Killzone 2 was highly detailed, but it gives you the idea of how much personnel is needed to create a next-gen title in a reasonable amount of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »