Home

Backbreaker SHE HAS RISEN

This is a discussion on Backbreaker SHE HAS RISEN within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Backbreaker SHE HAS RISEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan17
Let me preface by saying that I am definitely buying this game, I completely support ANY competition to EA.

That being said...The animations in BackBreaker have been less than impressive for me, so far. It seems that every tackle is a guy diving from 5 yards away, the jukes don't seem very fluid at all, either.

A lot has to be done in the animations department before this game will be considered in any way "sim"
First of all this game does not compete with EA at all. So it has "natural motion" ...so what. It does not have the NFL franchise. Therefore it does not compete.

The natural motion stuff will be eye candy for a few games, but I seriously forsee it losing its appeal fast, and then turning into just another arcadish game.

I don't even see a "sim", nor do I see them trying to make a "sim".
Old 12-31-2009, 05:21 AM   #90
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

They aren't trying to make a sim guys... They've said it twice (I think, maybe it was once).

They said it fall somewhere inbetween arcade and sim. Although the new site may contradict what I'm saying.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #91
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Well some people say that it is going to come out April 20-29.

Too many uncertain dates for anyone to be sure. I KNOW FOR A FACT it will not come out by the end of this year.

Okay not really a fact but...
I simply refuse to even try to evaluate this game (or consider buying it) until such time as I can actually hold a copy of it in my hand that says "XBox 360" at the top (or PS3). Say what you want about Black College Football Xperience, but at least they know how to RELEASE a damn game. Every year we go through this crap...all kinds of hype around E3-time and a few stills or videos leak out, and then months and months of NOTHING.

This game's supposed to be out in 4 months? Really? We don't know anything more about the gameplay than we do in either late 2007/early 2008, when all of this started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #92
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

man, as much as I hate EA for ruining video game football, i gotta say that I seriously doubt backbreaker is ever gonna come out..

we just have to hope that maybe 2k buys the engine, and make a real football game with it.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #93
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Hey, the iPhone game is out. That has to instill some confidence.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #94
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
We don't know anything more about the gameplay than we do in either late 2007/early 2008, when all of this started.

We know a little more. Some people were allowed to play an early build at E3 last year, including Pasta Padre.

E3: Backbreaker Preview
Old 01-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #95
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
I simply refuse to even try to evaluate this game (or consider buying it) until such time as I can actually hold a copy of it in my hand that says "XBox 360" at the top (or PS3). Say what you want about Black College Football Xperience, but at least they know how to RELEASE a damn game. Every year we go through this crap...all kinds of hype around E3-time and a few stills or videos leak out, and then months and months of NOTHING.

This game's supposed to be out in 4 months? Really? We don't know anything more about the gameplay than we do in either late 2007/early 2008, when all of this started.
The difference is they now have a publishing agreement with 505 games. So I'm pretty much expecting it to release in April or no later than june if it gets pushed back a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »