Home

Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 35
THIS GAME REMINDS ME OF OLDSCHOOL FOOTBALL....LIKE SUPERPLAYACTION FOOTBALL BEFORE THE INTERGATION OF NFL TEAMS & ROSTERS....WHICH STILL WAS PRETTY FUN TO PLAY......& PLUS IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE A NEW GAME ENGINE....! VERY RENTABLE,BUT NOT FOR $65 BUCKS PURCHASE. BUT IT'S FRESH & NEW & ALSO NEEDED FOR EA TO STEP THEIR GAME UP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #26
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

Gamestop has some more info on it:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6241612...ews;platform;1

Hopefully that wasn't posted already but I didn't find it here yet.

This is kind of disappointing though:
"While there's no hardcore franchise mode (NaturalMotion wants to keep the focus on playing football), Backbreaker offers a number of gameplay modes in addition to the typical season mode, which can last for as long as 32 games (or eight and 16 if you want shorter options)."

Full logo and roster customization sounds great but there's just no way to compete imo without a franchise mode.

Last edited by brza37; 12-02-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #27
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Waiting for the arrival of this game reminds me of the waiting for the arrival of XOR's NFL Challenge Premium Edition. I bet about 2 people will even know what I am talking about.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 27

If it has no franchise I couldn't care less. It's really strange to me how some people have made a franchise mode more important than what goes on between the white lines. That perplexes me to no end. It's almost like they don't care if the game plays terrible, just so long as they can play 20+ fantasy seasons with fake rosters... I don't get it.

But I'm from the old school where Season mode was the important thing and I guess that's always been enough for me. That never trumped the game on the field. The mode could be spectacular, but if the game didn't play well it was pointless because I'd never stick around to finish a season.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Waiting for the arrival of this game reminds me of the waiting for the arrival of XOR's NFL Challenge Premium Edition. I bet about 2 people will even know what I am talking about.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Gamestop has some more info on it:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6241612...ews;platform;1

Hopefully that wasn't posted already but I didn't find it here yet.

This is kind of disappointing though:
"While there's no hardcore franchise mode (NaturalMotion wants to keep the focus on playing football), Backbreaker offers a number of gameplay modes in addition to the typical season mode, which can last for as long as 32 games (or eight and 16 if you want shorter options)."

Full logo and roster customization sounds great but there's just no way to compete imo without a franchise mode.
They couldn't compete even if it had one, at least not on a sales level.

This part is music to my ears: "(NaturalMotion wants to keep the focus on playing football)"

But we'll see just how much that really means.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #31
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Hopefully there is a fileshare system built into the game, similar to 2k's share system.

Or else people will have to make each team if they want a NFL, NCAA experience. Or alternatively use 360 datel and xport360 to share files, which can be a hassle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #32
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

If game does look good and play well i suspect come madden 13 it will be in ea. I think some questions has to be asked . how is the running game? How is blocking ? Will be able to transform into a sim type game or just arcade? How easy is it to code for what EA wants to do?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »