Home

BackBreaker WILL have a franchise mode: The Dealbreaking stuff

This is a discussion on BackBreaker WILL have a franchise mode: The Dealbreaking stuff within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2009, 02:09 AM   #17
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: BackBreaker WILL have a franchise mode: The Dealbreaking stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Honestly, the guys saying bad stuff sound like blind haters more than anything. I don't want to point anyone out Blzer.
Now wait a second, I'm looking forward to this game more than anyone else here, don't even get me wrong for one second.

I hate Madden, hate it. I need Backbreaker, and love this Natural Motion concept (I seem to be one of the only people here that loves GTA IV anymore).

Perhaps it's time you get to know me better.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-24-2009, 02:12 AM   #18
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm trying to figure out if that's what they mean, or if they specifically mean for replays.

I sure hope we can have a view for the normal camera we've grown used to in football games, as it would certainly help me on defense.

I hope they do have alternative camera angles also. I'm not saying this for my own reasons but for their sake. Give the option so many more can consider giving this game a shot.

I can see many turning away due to the camera angle. I'm cool with the idea and cant wait to give it a go, but in all honesty you have to provide options so if those that are skeptic of the camera angle and do not enjoy it. Have the option to choose a more traditional camera.

I just feel it would be a very wise choice.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:35 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Now wait a second, I'm looking forward to this game more than anyone else here, don't even get me wrong for one second.

I hate Madden, hate it. I need Backbreaker, and love this Natural Motion concept (I seem to be one of the only people here that loves GTA IV anymore).

Perhaps it's time you get to know me better.
Just going off the posts I've read of you on here, it appeared you were just bashing the game. I'll take your word though, and that makes two of us who need this game.

― Plato
Old 12-24-2009, 05:06 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm with Blzer on this, I'm excited to play with the 3rd person view, but for this game to really catch fire it's gonna need a more traditional camera angle. Even though NM swears they aren't trying to compete with Madden, every person who picks up this game will compare it to Madden, so it would be a much easier transition if they had a traditional, overhead camera.

Options never hurt anybody. Those wanting the on the field experience and those looking for a more accessible traditional game will both be respected and BB's fanbase will expand tenfold.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #21
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
I'm with Blzer on this, I'm excited to play with the 3rd person view, but for this game to really catch fire it's gonna need a more traditional camera angle. Even though NM swears they aren't trying to compete with Madden, every person who picks up this game will compare it to Madden, so it would be a much easier transition if they had a traditional, overhead camera.

Options never hurt anybody. Those wanting the on the field experience and those looking for a more accessible traditional game will both be respected and BB's fanbase will expand tenfold.
And that is where 2K shot themselves in the foot with APF2K8. They severely limited the gamer by taking out all sorts of options the game SHOULD have had. So like you stated, I'm hoping the developers aren't too naive & hardheaded into thinking they can force gamers into doing what the devs want but instead are willing to bend and give the gamers a little more options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:

And also don't mistake that I'm claiming a standard camera is a requisite either. I'm sort of just throwing it out there because the topic came up... because this is a camera that we're all used to. Basically, all I began by saying is that it would not only be nice to have it, but it would be kind of weird if they didn't have it. As someone else said, it may have to be there to attract a bunch of people. It's not necessary for me, and I feel like I will prefer the immersion factor with the 3rd person camera. But again, I fear there may be defensive issues.

Quote:
Just going off the posts I've read of you on here, it appeared you were just bashing the game. I'll take your word though, and that makes two of us who need this game.
i think I'll apologize first, because I never want to come off as a troll. I was actually appalled when you were saying I was doing nothing but bashing the game, because that certainly wasn't my intention. I can't say that I love the game because I haven't yet played it... but if there was such a term as "loving" the game so much without having played it, those are my feelings toward the game right now.

Though that doesn't mean there are things I can't like; for instance, their decision to make the game in the future. It wouldn't be too bad if it didn't throw off the player equipment. Remember that a lot of people want to "re-create" the NFL, and it will look quite awkward to see Brady rolling around the pocket with those ham hocks, Just food for thought.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #23
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:

And also don't mistake that I'm claiming a standard camera is a requisite either. I'm sort of just throwing it out there because the topic came up... because this is a camera that we're all used to. Basically, all I began by saying is that it would not only be nice to have it, but it would be kind of weird if they didn't have it. As someone else said, it may have to be there to attract a bunch of people. It's not necessary for me, and I feel like I will prefer the immersion factor with the 3rd person camera. But again, I fear there may be defensive issues.

Quote:
i think I'll apologize first, because I never want to come off as a troll. I was actually appalled when you were saying I was doing nothing but bashing the game, because that certainly wasn't my intention. I can't say that I love the game because I haven't yet played it... but if there was such a term as "loving" the game so much without having played it, those are my feelings toward the game right now.

Though that doesn't mean there are things I can't like; for instance, their decision to make the game in the future. It wouldn't be too bad if it didn't throw off the player equipment. Remember that a lot of people want to "re-create" the NFL, and it will look quite awkward to see Brady rolling around the pocket with those ham hocks, Just food for thought.

And then this is probably a complaint among many, but I just don't see the reason for small numbers, even in the future. The bigger numbers simply look better, and this is a case for any sport. MLB 2K6 for 360 had this issue, and it looked terrible. That one is me just complaining to complain, but it really doesn't look good, and I do hope they look into that one if they ever make a second installment to the franchise. Again, just because I really do love this game at this point doesn't mean that I will defend every decision they made with the game. I'm no homer.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll apologize too for calling you a basher. It just appeared that way.

But I personally love the futuristic look. Ad I didn't even notice half the small details you are all nitpicking about because I was too amazed with what surrounded the players with the lighting, grass, crowd, etc.

But hey, you guys nitpick what you like and I'll nit pick what I like. I personally think the grass looks too thin, seriously.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »