Home

Old 12-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: New Screens

I really don't see how some people in this thread are saying the graphics are bad. From a technical standpoint they are very good and the lighting looks outstanding. I understand how some wouldn't like the direction they decided to go in terms of the player models and uniform style wise but that doesn't make the graphics bad from a technical standpoint.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

I too can't wait for the final screen to be finished. the pictures are very cool.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #67
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

The environments look great but the players look horrible.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Meh I don't really care how they look. Granted if I can make NFL teams it would look weird with that futuristic look but as long as the gameplay is good and the physics are good I wouldn't care.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 18

I like the screens even though I'm not a big fan of the look they went for. I'll certainly give this game a try.

However, I can't understand how anyone can call this look "futuristic". I can see huge stadiums being built in the future but sports equipment across the board keeps getting smaller as it gets better so I don't understand how these guys came up with the idea that huge equipment equates to a futuristic look.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #70
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I like the screens even though I'm not a big fan of the look they went for. I'll certainly give this game a try.

However, I can't understand how anyone can call this look "futuristic". I can see huge stadiums being built in the future but sports equipment across the board keeps getting smaller as it gets better so I don't understand how these guys came up with the idea that huge equipment equates to a futuristic look.
I think that's the thing, though... it's more on the line of "futuristic", but not necessarily "in the future", if that makes sense. For instance, our future doesn't really consist of everything being chrome, having flying cars and automated female voices within houses. It's just a "concept" rather than an outlook on the real thing.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 25

the concept interests me...But i think the player models overall look unbelievably lame....There are literally 2 different body types...BIG and Med...aside from that every player looks identical and they all sport the EXACT same helmet and ALL sport a dark visor (dont want to generate different faces i guess).

The technology is what interests me, but visually i think the game looks lame and uninspired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
the concept interests me...But i think the player models overall look unbelievably lame....There are literally 2 different body types...BIG and Med...aside from that every player looks identical and they all sport the EXACT same helmet and ALL sport a dark visor (dont want to generate different faces i guess).

The technology is what interests me, but visually i think the game looks lame and uninspired.
The technology is the key here, but the rest of the game will be worth waiting for as well. I know how you feel about the visors and player models, but what is most important is the gameplay. They will get that right. I keep going back to Fight Night Round 4 (Physics based game), and I see how much better it is to have full control of your actions. The only flaws I have seen in that game are the stamina levels dropping to quickly and if you throw more punches than you want, you can't take them back. So you have to be precise, which to me, makes it more of a simulation than arcade type.

Backbreaker will deliver us a much more enjoyable experience than we have had since NFL 2k5 on PS2 and XBox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »