Home

Gameplay Trailer SLOWED DOWN

This is a discussion on Gameplay Trailer SLOWED DOWN within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gameplay Trailer SLOWED DOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I want them to get noticed for more than just their physics engine.

Yeah, Euphoria looks nice, but I want BB to be an actual, good sim football game that gets noticed by EA as in "whoa, we better step up our game because this BB looks like it has legs".

Madden can do with improved physics, but hopefully the player interactions, decisions they make, and basic football stuff is done better in BB as well. I hope those things are so good they get noticed by EA too, not just how nice the physics engine is.
Your expectations for BB are just higher than mine.
Thats not a bad thing, I just hope EA sees how hungry Madden gamers are for a real-time physics engine.

Who knows, EA could sweep the rug right under BB's feet and introduce the Nvidia's PhysX technology(http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10114352-64.html) to Madden this year. That would stop BB before they even get going.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Your expectations for BB are just higher than mine.
Thats not a bad thing, I just hope EA sees how hungry Madden gamers are for a real-time physics engine.

Who knows, EA could sweep the rug right under BB's feet and introduce the Nvidia's PhysX technology(http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10114352-64.html) to Madden this year. That would stop BB before they even get going.
That's funny, cause BB has PhysX tech already integrated into the game.

From the article....

Quote:
TR: No, it's internally developed. We have a separate games team which is separate from our technology team, so the games team mostly serves to us to basically get early versions of Morpheme, for example. In fact, they're essentially prototyping interaction between Morpheme and PhysX, because those are running in Backbreaker as well.
Link- http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=18780
Old 01-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 55

Yeah EA could really suck the life out of this game if they put something like this in their version. What'd BB market then?

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Yeah EA could really suck the life out of this game if they put something like this in their version. What'd BB market then?
Did you even read my post right above yours? EA putting PhysX in Madden to "suck the life" out of BB is laughable. PhysX is ALREADY in BB.

Besides, EA would find some way to screw up the PhysX tech., you know it. lol
Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
If BB's only strength is their physics engine, then yeah, perhaps.

But better physics isn't the only thing that makes a football game good. It has to actually represent football well. Madden is decent at it in some areas, horrid in others.

If BB does it solid in all areas - I think they'll have more to fight with than just a nice solid physics model and engine.

That's the question, though, and we won't know until it comes out, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #22
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
Did you even read my post right above yours? EA putting PhysX in Madden to "suck the life" out of BB is laughable. PhysX is ALREADY in BB.

Besides, EA would find some way to screw up the PhysX tech., you know it. lol
If they both have the same engine, I'd expect EA/Madden to excel more so, b/c they have that lil thing called the NFL license.
One lil thing wrong w/ BB and it could be done. For ex. what if we can only create/edit 53 players?
Don't take me the wrong way,
I would love for BB to blow us all away, and be the best thing since burnt toast. But my expectations are not as high as some I guess.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
If they both have the same engine, I'd expect EA/Madden to excel more so, b/c they have that lil thing called the NFL license.
One lil thing wrong w/ BB and it could be done. For ex. what if we can only create/edit 53 players?
I would love for BB to blow us all away, and be the best thing since burnt toast. But my expectations are not as high as some I guess.
That's what I was I was getting at. I did read the post

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Hey, I'm right there with you. If it wasn't for the NFL license, EA would've been out of football games years ago.

If Madden does indeed incorporate PhysX into Madden 11, I still think it will fall well short of expectations. EA just doesn't have the time to fix all the problems in the game, plus add a new physics engine. I've played all the Maddens, but haven't purchased it since 2007. It's never felt "organic" to me in the least bit on this gen. of systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »