Home

Gameplay Trailer SLOWED DOWN

This is a discussion on Gameplay Trailer SLOWED DOWN within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Gameplay Trailer SLOWED DOWN

There has been a lot of discussion over this trailer and while I haven't posted much I've been looking over a lot of the comments. But one thing that I haven't seen addressed is the pursuit angles. Now I'm just as excited for this game as anyone else, but the pursuit angles and defensive reactions are horrendous.

In the slowed down version of the video these are very apparent and I'll point out the most worrisome examples from the video.

Here's the video (hope you like Jamiroquai)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBuxT0Bgkck

0:47-After Juarez makes the catch, the defender on the right side of the screen completely circles him and ends up behind unable to make any play on the carrier.

1:26- #97 is covering a WR running over the middle, but stops all momentum and jumps straight up without any sort of drift. Might have just been the way they edited the video, but definitely looks off.

1:38- WR catches on a slant route and I see two problems with this. First off his defender continues running straight even after the cut, but not big issue. However the deep safety with his back to the ball turns around and runs away from the receiver.

1:46- This one seems to just be a case of the defenders diving too frequently. #45 makes a decent juke, but there is no reason #21 should have dove on that play, the juke on #34 looks legit though. I really hope it's not too easy to make defenders miss.

1:54- Really like the block, looks very real, but the main problem with this play is after the RB runs past the blocker and is one on one with the defender. The defender comes in too fast and without even making a juke the RB runs right past him, leaving the defender behind in no place to make a play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Gameplay Trailer SLOWED DOWN

i like how you slow down but i know that you are just pointing out the problems here and there but this is a first time video game so i didnt expect this type of stuff to be happening! (like the tackling and stuff)
Old 01-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
There has been a lot of discussion over this trailer and while I haven't posted much I've been looking over a lot of the comments. But one thing that I haven't seen addressed is the pursuit angles. Now I'm just as excited for this game as anyone else, but the pursuit angles and defensive reactions are horrendous.

In the slowed down version of the video these are very apparent and I'll point out the most worrisome examples from the video.

Here's the video (hope you like Jamiroquai)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBuxT0Bgkck

0:47-After Juarez makes the catch, the defender on the right side of the screen completely circles him and ends up behind unable to make any play on the carrier.

1:26- #97 is covering a WR running over the middle, but stops all momentum and jumps straight up without any sort of drift. Might have just been the way they edited the video, but definitely looks off.

1:38- WR catches on a slant route and I see two problems with this. First off his defender continues running straight even after the cut, but not big issue. However the deep safety with his back to the ball turns around and runs away from the receiver.

1:46- This one seems to just be a case of the defenders diving too frequently. #45 makes a decent juke, but there is no reason #21 should have dove on that play, the juke on #34 looks legit though. I really hope it's not too easy to make defenders miss.

1:54- Really like the block, looks very real, but the main problem with this play is after the RB runs past the blocker and is one on one with the defender. The defender comes in too fast and without even making a juke the RB runs right past him, leaving the defender behind in no place to make a play.
i feel sorry for you. for someone who just plain out hates the game and wastes hours of his life trying to find the most minute discrepancies with the TRAILER no less. it is not even the actual game get a life stop dissing Back Breaker just because it might give madden compitetion

Old 01-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
i feel sorry for you. for someone who just plain out hates the game and wastes hours of his life trying to find the most minute discrepancies with the TRAILER no less. it is not even the actual game get a life stop dissing Back Breaker just because it might give madden compitetion
If I am not mistaken, I think he is just pointing out things that concern him. He's not trashing Backbreaker, only giving his point of view on the video. He is actually from the main forum for BB.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't think he's bashing BB. He's just pointing out some flaws. And this trailer is actual gameplay footage, so yes, it is the game.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #6
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Is every pass off the back foot with super zip? Loving a whole lot of the tralier, but that is a huge eyesore.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The trailer was all taken from user gameplay. So the first two passes being thrown off the backfoot were a coincidence. Its also been stated on the regular forums that the Qbs throwing those passes were two of the more accurate ones in the game. I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm not too worried because I can throw an accurate pass 10 yards off my backfoot easily, so these "professionals" should be able to too.

― Plato
Old 01-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #8
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

All that video did was show me more of what a next-gen football game should look like. Now its not perfect, they need to improve on the player models, make them look more lifelike(less robo-looking), then this could be a very good sim football game.

It has potential, now lets just hope they get noticed by EA.
Thats all I want, they don't need to develop the best football game ever. They just need to be noticed, so others may use their physics engine for sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »