Home

Breaking Down Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #73
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Breaking Down Backbreaker

I will def check this game out. Good to try something different from Madden and to check out the tech behind this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 01-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 4
What are the legal implications if they allow you to edit every team? Someone explain this to me while I fire up Pro Evolution Soccer and play the EPL with wholly edited and created teams.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ Yeah. There are no implications. It's just concern and a misunderstanding that people have of how licensing works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
personally, I'd perfer a system where you scouts dont reveal numbers, rather the numbers (or letters, or whatever it may be) are always visible, but may not be completely accurate... like the way baseball mogul works

the more you pay your scouts (aka the better/more scouts you get), the less deviation there will be in "scouted' numbers and "actual" numbers

so I may see that Joe Blow has a short throw accuracy of 75, but if my scouts have a +/- of 15 then I'm really left in the dark... instead I'll have to rely more on stats to point me in the right direction (I imagine players on your team would be "scouted" more accurately, so you'd see the numbers more closely to what they really were, but you still wouldnt know exactly what they were)

imo it would only work this way for players currently in the league... then obviously amature scouting would work differently (for amature scouting I'd love a more CH2k8 approach, where you have a certain amount of hours, and you can get game tape of specific players, watch practices/games of them, invite them to your pro day, etc, and depending on what you choose to do you'd learn different things about certain players)... and again nothing you learn would be 100% accurate. The more time you spend scouting a player though, the closer to 100% accurate it gets (so in amature scouting you'd be revealing numbers and getting more accurate with those numbers, whereas for ppl already in the league all the numbers are already revealed, and you're just trying to get more accurate numbers on them by getting better scouts)

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

Good points.

Should have thought of that - I've played BB Mogul as well as OOTP and both work that way with scouting!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
^^^ Yeah. There are no implications. It's just concern and a misunderstanding that people have of how licensing works.
A misunderstanding based mainly on 2k's paranoid *****footing around with APF.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ Good point.

For anyone still worried, please refer to Maximum Football on PC. It's been around for years and let's you customize at a virtually unlimited level. There has never been one lawsuit attempted against the product.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
And anyone who judges a game before actually playing it is foolish..
What if I buy Backbreaker AND Madden?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarshad
Anyone who buys this game over Madden is foolish.
^^Ignore that

What if I buy Backbreaker AND Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »