Home

Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game?

This is a discussion on Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 AM   #41
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Real players? WTF does that mean anyway? You mean, like the one's the Madden team CREATES?

So let me get this straight, you'd rather have a game with a broken engine and NFL players created by Madden devs, then have a game with a great engine, and NFL players created by you or someone else online?

Cause that's basically what you're saying.
i think it's a monumental task to create the entire nfl....i for one simply can't do that. When I get the game I'll probably create a bunch of favourite players or ones that interest me and maybe myself. I'll put players I hate on other teams and make them really good, to give the teams some extra personality.

Creating the entire roster of all nfl teams is not even worth considering for me personally at least atm...

Some people might say 'roster sharing', but that hasn't been confirmed and I somehow doubt that will ship as an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #42
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
i think it's a monumental task to create the entire nfl....i for one simply can't do that. When I get the game I'll probably create a bunch of favourite players or ones that interest me and maybe myself. I'll put players I hate on other teams and make them really good, to give the teams some extra personality.

Creating the entire roster of all nfl teams is not even worth considering for me personally at least atm...

Some people might say 'roster sharing', but that hasn't been confirmed and I somehow doubt that will ship as an option.
Even without roster sharing, there's always memory cards to get the job done if you can't be bothered doing it yourself.

All I was trying to say was, that it's ridiculous to say you'll stick with Madden because it has "real" NFL players when technically, they're just as fake as the ones we'll all create in BB.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #43
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Even without roster sharing, there's always memory cards to get the job done if you can't be bothered doing it yourself.

All I was trying to say was, that it's ridiculous to say you'll stick with Madden because it has "real" NFL players when technically, they're just as fake as the ones we'll all create in BB.
his intention was to say that it ships with current nfl rosters and teams/divisions etc.

I still play all-pro, some people can't handle no nfl though. And if it's not possible to just download the extreme hard work of others, than many people won't bother.

I can dig it though, I don't mind an entirely fictional league with my imagination at work too. In fact, in some ways it's actually better. you're not constricted to the way things are, and you have nothing to compare it to, so there is no right or wrong.

For example; Let's say I have an NFL game and watch the NFL too. In my game I'm a huge Browns fan and I win the superbowl and Brady Quinn had a 5000 yard passing season. Unless you did all that in the real NFL's week 2 it can seem a little weird. You have a game that mimic's the NFL as best it can, yet your season is nothing like it. Real life almost ruins the game if you know what I mean. That's why it's such a shame all-pro didn't have franchise and more customization because things can actually be more interesting if it's not based on reality.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
@thewatcher----

Off-topic, but what's up with your sig? What're you hiding?? Lol.......inquiring minds wanna know...
It's about to get reaaaaal crazy this year...
Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #45
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Real players? WTF does that mean anyway? You mean, like the one's the Madden team CREATES?

So let me get this straight, you'd rather have a game with a broken engine and NFL players created by Madden devs, then have a game with a great engine, and NFL players created by you or someone else online?

Cause that's basically what you're saying.
Okay folks...I think you're misunderstanding the spirit of my posts...I'm not saying that I would pass on Backbreaker just because it doesn't have NFL players..I thought I was more than clear on that point. What I'm saying is...is Back Breaker isn't even as good as Madden, why would I spend money on it? I understand it's a fresh take on football, and that it has this amazing engine. But if it doesn't play like a good football game (again, maybe it will cleverly be a really good football game it's first outing), I'm certainly not going to buy one that isn't even as good as what we have now. That's all I'm saying. The point of this thread is to ask why someone wouldn't be excited. I refused to be excited about a game I know very little about, including how it actually simulates FOOTBALL...I know it can simulate tackles, that's great...but tackles aren't all that football is. So I'm not getting excited until I know it has a deep franchise experience that kidnaps all your free time, with strong core football fundamentals. I can overlook some first time flaws...but it has to be better than Madden for me to purchase it. Good engine with bad gameplay still equals a pile of crap to me. That's just how I feel.

So once again, summed up...I'd use monosyllabic words if I could...If BackBreaker isn't as good as Madden, I will not be buying it. Is that easier to comprehend?

And on a side note, sorry for misspeaking about the price. $50 it is.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #46
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
It's about to get reaaaaal crazy this year...
It's the red font that catches my eye.

I haven't followed BB at all until yesterday. Took a look at the video, read the little article up here at OS.

I'd say I'm excited. I'm all for another serious football title. But I'm not naive. It's a first effort... there are going to be rough edges. There are going to be missing things. Hopefully what they do bring to the table allows us to deal with any issues it may have. Then, hopefully, they can release a sequel that fixes any issues and starts to polish off the game in general.

I'll keep an eye on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 55

I am excited to see what it brings, no doubt. It'd need to have some really bad flaws for me NOT to buy it. I love football games, so I want to play a new take on it.

That being said, in reality I envision this game having really bad flaws. I don't think football is an easy game to re-create. I don't want the game to require a 5 page user-created rulebook to play a fair game of football.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #48
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

If anyone in the past 4 years have ever said anything negative about madden or NCAA and purchased one of those games at any point in that time should buy this game. If it does nothing more than show that there is a market for other football games out there. Now thats just my opinion. I have been praying for the day when there will be more than one company making football games since the exclusive licenses became reality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »