Home

Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game?

This is a discussion on Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #49
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
If anyone in the past 4 years have ever said anything negative about madden or NCAA and purchased one of those games at any point in that time should buy this game. If it does nothing more than show that there is a market for other football games out there. Now thats just my opinion. I have been praying for the day when there will be more than one company making football games since the exclusive licenses became reality.
While I see your point, that EA needs to feel the pressure of a competitor in the football gaming market...I flat out refuse to buy a game that is inferior (although we don't know that Backbreaker will be....I personally hope it is far superior to Madden 11) just to foster competition. It would be like saying that the iPod is a far superior product to the Zune (which I think it is), but just to make Apple feel some pressure, I'll spend my $200 on the inferior Zune, thank you very much. That's not something I'm going to do. I'm going to spend my money on the best product there is--if that happens to be Backbreaker, that's what I'll buy...if it's Madden, then that's okay too.

With that said, it is too early to tell which game is going to be the best game...we won't know that until both are on the shelves.

As for excitement, what I've been trying to convey (and possibly haven't been successful), is that if there's anything I've learned from my dealings with EA and Madden, its to temper my expectations. I want Backbreaker to be a good football game that revolutionizes the genre...but I'm expecting that it will be far too flawed to present a realistic, engrossing, enjoyable football experience...not just tackles....but an actual game of football.

But I certainly hope Backbreaker delivers.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
It's about to get reaaaaal crazy this year...

Ok, I think I know. I searched your post history.......
Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #51
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23
Even if you are a die hard fan of madden or couldn't care less about a new football game, it at least has potential to be a game changer for the sports video game industry, whats not to get excited about?
i'm a diehard football fan but i'm not excited about this game because from everything ive seen, its basically the next gen Blitz. Those arcarde type football games dont get me excited and i dont enjoy playing games with fake teams and players. Dont get me wrong i have enjoyed Madden in a while but this game looks like it will be appealing for 5 mins and then get old.

I was never excited about NFL Blitz, i'm not excited about Backbreaker. I'll play the demo, but i wont waste money buying the game when i know it will just be a dust collector after a couple of days. Especially when i'll have MLB The Show and then college football will be coming out a month after Backbreaker basically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 10

As a video game football fan, who has played these type of games since 1993, I am not excited from all the info I have seen and read so far. For a game that's supposed to be out soon, I need to see more info. Developers need to take advantage of a site like Operation Sports and give out nuggets of info to get some of us on board.

Backbreaker might be seen as new, so some people say give it some slack, but I've already played several other football games for the 360. So, if Backbreaker is just another bare-boned mediocre football game then that will meet my expectations. This generation of first-time football games has been met with harsh realities of the difficulty of working on the PS3/360. 2K and EA had the advantage of having experience of making football games and still struggled with there first efforts.

The good thing is they haven't shown all their cards yet. I hope between now and the release date, I can have that moment where I know I will be playing something that's considered a good all-around football game and not just a limited patched-up tech engine. Euphoria better come strong in most game-related aspects.

Last edited by TheKasmar; 01-25-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: sp
Old 01-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #53
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i'm a diehard football fan but i'm not excited about this game because from everything ive seen, its basically the next gen Blitz. Those arcarde type football games dont get me excited and i dont enjoy playing games with fake teams and players. Dont get me wrong i have enjoyed Madden in a while but this game looks like it will be appealing for 5 mins and then get old.
What I got from that post was the NFL players make Madden realistic. If you think that, you are crazy. Plus, this game isn't an arcade game. It most certainly is not Blitz.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm looking forward to the release of this game.

I can't understand the people here making negative judgements about the game when they haven't even seen 11 vs 11 gameplay footage, let alone played it!

So what if they don't have the NFL license. It's customizable so you can edit team and player names to mirror the NFL anyway.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 10

My decision on this game will have nothing at all to do with the license. If it's good I will buy it, if not I won't. I'm in the extreme minority on this one, but I almost prefer not having a license. Almost all of my most played sports games ever let me create my own teams, players, and leagues. Baseball Stars still stands as my all-time favorite sports game by a large margin. I would still be playing APF all the time if the game let me create the whole league(and I wouldn't be recreating the NFL) instead of just one team to play in it.

If the game is fun, I'm there. I'm not entirely convinced yet though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #56
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm not excited per se, but I am looking forward to it. I still think people are not getting the idea however that this is not going to be as sim to their liking. I think that there will be a lot of arcade elements to it, and then you'll see all the high expectations go down the drain. I expect this game to look like a first attempt football game, and I will be shocked if it's as good as some of the people on here think it will be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »