Home

Backbreaker Video: Developer Diary #1

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Developer Diary #1 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 15
Woah hold up the devs are from England? Sure the tackles look perfect but how do we know that the AI will be good considering they're from England? How do we know that they'll have good playbooks? Do they know the advanced offensive and defensive sets? What about simple audibles at the line from both sides?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Backbreaker Developer Diary Video #1 (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Woah hold up the devs are from England? Sure the tackles look perfect but how do we know that the AI will be good considering they're from England? How do we know that they'll have good playbooks? Do they know the advanced offensive and defensive sets? What about simple audibles at the line from both sides?
These guys are a lot smarter than the average Joe. I'm sure they know the subtleties and intricacies of American football.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
These guys are a lot smarter than the average Joe. I'm sure they know the subtleties and intricacies of American football.
Don't assume JayBee. Thousands of people assume this and that before Madden comes out. They become pretty vocal on the boards.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #60
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12
So are there even player generated faces or does everyone just stuck to wearing a black visor?... I think the games looking good so far and it will be fun to try a "new" take on football and try out a new engine.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #61
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

I dont think I'll be able to play very well with a 3rd person camera view. Hope they have other camera options
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I know the angle and positioning say otherwise, but the number (17) indicates that the guy who caught the ball was a wide receiver.
I'm well aware that it was a wide reciever. I was making the point that the defense responded well by making the tackle.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #63
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
you're ignorant. that's all I can say really...you think because these guys are from another country that it isn't possible for them to understand a sport? Boxing in canada isn't exactly the same as the US, yet most people consider recent fight night game to be the best (developed by canadians). They've also had help from ex nfl coaches, and are quite possibly bigger NFL fans than most people on this board. You should travel dude...could be a humbling experience for you.

I've been looking forward to this game for a long time...and one of the best things about imo is that it should finally be FUN to play defence! imagine that.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
I'm well aware that it was a wide reciever. I was making the point that the defense responded well by making the tackle.
oh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »