Home

Backbreaker Causes Less Anticipation For Madden...

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Causes Less Anticipation For Madden... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #41
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Backbreaker Causes Less Anticipation For Madden...

Pro-Tak my ***! Bring on backbreaker!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Easy to say this 7 months before Madden 11 will be released.
7 months before Madden 10 was released I thought we'd be getting a game with good gameplay, so yeah, it is easy for me to say. I bought in to the hype of Madden 10 and got burned badly.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
We hold them to a high standard, but it seems that a lot of the stuff that we hold the Madden team accountable for we are giving the BB developers a pass on. Player models? Hand towels? Colored cleats? Not those are that important to me but c'mon. End zone art? Post game celebrations? Shall I continue?
If this was an NFL licensed game then all of that extra flash would probably expected as that is what Madden gives us, but since this will be a game with fake players and all that it doesn't matter to me. But in the end, gameplay is KING. Look at APF 2K8, horrible graphics, no flash at all, yet the game is more fun to play because of the gameplay, everything else about that game sucks. I'd EASILY take a Madden with less flash but better gameplay.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #44
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I'd EASILY take a Madden with less flash but better gameplay.
I wish Tiburon thought like this.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
The only thing similar to this and Madden is that they are both "football" games.

To compare the two would be unfair to both games IMO. It's just not an apples to apples comparison. The idea of the OP that this game causes less anticipation for Madden is laughable. Next season I want to play with real NFL players, in real NFL stadiums, with franchise mode, drafting, and all the pother stuff that comes with an officially licensed game. Does it need work? Of course, but I like the direction it's going. It'd be nice to have a choice in the matter but we don't. So deal with it.

What I am curious about with this title is the technology. I'm curious to see how it's implemented and the effect it has on the game. It seems like that's what most people are curious about. I think it's going to be great and this game has potential to be a lot of fun. One of the things that really has me excited about the game is the fact that all of the players are generic! Why? Because we have no pre-conceived notions or expectations of what they "should be doing". The pieces are in place for the game to be a lot of fun.

I say "potential" because all we've really heard about are the game modes, seen the same videos over and over, and the technology. What about the most important thing of all...CPU AI? Clock management? Play Calling? Trades? Will we see a noticeable difference between higher rated players vs. their lower rated counterparts? Fatigue? Simmed stats? Are there sliders in the game? Do all QBs have the same throwing style? What about the gameplay cameras? What about the in game announcers?

You get the point. There are still a TON of questions to be answered about BB. OS has a ton of knowledgeable football fans that have a great understanding of the game and it's intricate details. We press the Madden developers on this every year. That's probably one of the reason why they visit here. We hold them to a high standard, but it seems that a lot of the stuff that we hold the Madden team accountable for we are giving the BB developers a pass on. Player models? Hand towels? Colored cleats? Not those are that important to me but c'mon. End zone art? Post game celebrations? Shall I continue?

I understand the anticipation and excitement for the game. I'm excited for the release too and will probably buy it on day 1 unless a few red flags come to the surface over the next month or two. Also keep in mind that while this has been in development for quite sometime it is the first edition of the game, so it's reasonable to expect this to need a little more work.
Bold text; just for the simple fact that you have a company developing their first pro football game, gives them an excuse for not having hand towels, but the rest is already in the game.

I agree with the rest of your post. They have not really told us much, but in the next 2 - 3 weeks, we will know a considerable amount more. Also, there will be a hands on preview.

Great post, sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Bold text; just for the simple fact that you have a company developing their first pro football game, gives them an excuse for not having hand towels, but the rest is already in the game.

I agree with the rest of your post. They have not really told us much, but in the next 2 - 3 weeks, we will know a considerable amount more. Also, there will be a hands on preview.

Great post, sir.

I agree , I really don't see how it would be fair to hold a dev team making it's first attempt at a football game to the same standard as a dev team that has had multiple next gen attempts.

Just look at the first Madden attempt on next gen, by all accounts it was terrible. Of course I would expect Backbreaker to be better than that attempt but it shows how difficulty is to make a really good game on your first attempt.

Honestly being there first attempt at a football game I expect the game to have some flaws, but if the game is fun and the ai is respectable(not sure it will be at this point, since we haven't seen much) I will still be able to enjoy it. At the very least it will a breath of fresh air. Both NCAA and Madden are just stale to me at this point.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 02-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 25

there is only TWO things thats concern me about BB....

Its made by a british developer.

If and american based company CANT recreate the sport....How in the Hell will a british based company be able to do it?

And....

They have NEVER made an actual FULL game before?

Its valid questions.

Plus information is thin to say the least.

I personally, am not expecting much in the final product. Cool visuals and technology...but little else.

Even tho the game IS going to be released...In the end it will be an average to low rated Tech demo.

Take the above and the fact madden will be average at best AGAIN....The show will get even more playtime (not a bad thing).

I really hope BB makes some legitemate waves. I am just not confident in it.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #48
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
there is only TWO things thats concern me about BB....

Its made by a british developer.

If and american based company CANT recreate the sport....How in the Hell will a british based company be able to do it?

And....

They have NEVER made an actual FULL game before?

Its valid questions.

Plus information is thin to say the least.

I personally, am not expecting much in the final product. Cool visuals and technology...but little else.

Even tho the game IS going to be released...In the end it will be an average to low rated Tech demo.

Take the above and the fact madden will be average at best AGAIN....The show will get even more playtime (not a bad thing).

I really hope BB makes some legitemate waves. I am just not confident in it.
The second question is, the first is not.

Being British does not automatically mean they know nothing about football. It is ignorant of you to suggest this.

However, they do have resources. They have football experts helping them make this game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »