Home

What do you think of the quarterback passing animation?

This is a discussion on What do you think of the quarterback passing animation? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: What do you think of the quarterback passing animation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
Well you sure have a lot of ideas, maybe you should create a game and then advertise for it yourself and well all applaud you for fixing the video game industry
It's only my opinion and I compare the QB animations to past football games that I have played. Why would you suggest me to create a game? Maybe I'm asking for too much, but my expectations aren't anything out of the ordinary for a video football game. Showing 1 passing animation was kind of underwhelming.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

yeah sorry that was kinda an a-hole response from me...i just feel like Madden still hasn't gotten passing animations correct and just adding more signature styles, i feel like multiple QB signature throwing styles is a little bit too much to ask for a company developing its 1st ever game, let alone sports game. Maybe im wrong and they will have different throwing styles
Old 02-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Looks like a good windup for a deep pass, almost APF-esque
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
For Backbreaker to roll out a 2 second video of a mediocre looking passing animation just isn't enough.

There should be a variety of passing animations for every situation that includes proper footwork for sideline throws (One of the many things that 2k did well).

I'd like to see signature pass animations like "side armed throw" that we could assign to our customizable players as well.
I agree, it's not enough info to get an accurate idea. The madden guys did the same type of stuff last year. Little 4-8 second videos of blocking or jostling too.

Customizable pass animations would be cool, but I'm not expecting too much of that stuff this go round. Get the foundation built first, then they can go from there. Animations can always be added to later games imo.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #13
Banned

IRISHFBFAN2's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHPROVIDER77
yeah players morphing through eachother is much more realistic right? being able to throw the flats every play is much more realistic right? the defenders being programmed to mirror the wide receivers routes is much more realistic right? those are some of the things you get with madden but a fanboy such as yourself would never mention those things would you now? if you want to keep paying 65 dollars every year for a glitch filled game go right ahead but please stop trying to convince other people to make the same fatal mistake. madden has more issues than you can imagine so please cut the crap irish nobody cares for your negativity.

Unbelievable!!!

I WANT ANOTHER FREAKING FOOTBALL GAME! LOL

And besides the question was what do you think about the passing motion or whatever. I give my opinion and I get bashed! I want this game to work, I want another football game, and YES I do love Madden and I love NCAA, and I hope I love BACKBREAKER, BUT, I am not seeing it so far. That is my opinion, some of you tell everyone that this is going to be the answer to all those unhappy with EA. Ok, I accept what you say, now if I do not believe it, I am hated, called a fanboy wtf? You talk about haters, you talk about people that cannot stand anyone who likes Madden lol! absurd!

I will say it once again, I am not bashing any game, READ THIS
"I WANT BACKBREAKER TO MAKE IT BIG TIME!" UNDERSTAND, Now do I think it will be the answer, NO! If you would like me to lie, then YES. I cannot be any clearer. I WILL pay 65 for madden, I will pay 65 for ncaa, and if I have to, I will pay 65 for BACKBREAKER. But some need to learn how to argue in a more adult manner. Not all of us are going to agree on everything.
To me, and I WISH I did not feel this way, but the passing with the QB is horrible! Does not come close to 2k, does not come close to madden. The game looks like something played on a STAR TREK movie, Im sorry, I hate the way I feel. You people know that this game will not even come close to touching Madden, you are fooling yourself if you think it will. SUCKS, but true! WAIT AND SEE!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I think it could be better for sure. I really don't like how the QB hands look on the ball, they look way too big.

But, with that said I would much rather have a game with organic physics, and collision detection, than a questionable QB animation. I think some people can't see the forest for the trees.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:45 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN2
Unbelievable!!!

I WANT ANOTHER FREAKING FOOTBALL GAME! LOL

And besides the question was what do you think about the passing motion or whatever. I give my opinion and I get bashed! I want this game to work, I want another football game, and YES I do love Madden and I love NCAA, and I hope I love BACKBREAKER, BUT, I am not seeing it so far. That is my opinion, some of you tell everyone that this is going to be the answer to all those unhappy with EA. Ok, I accept what you say, now if I do not believe it, I am hated, called a fanboy wtf? You talk about haters, you talk about people that cannot stand anyone who likes Madden lol! absurd!

I will say it once again, I am not bashing any game, READ THIS
"I WANT BACKBREAKER TO MAKE IT BIG TIME!" UNDERSTAND, Now do I think it will be the answer, NO! If you would like me to lie, then YES. I cannot be any clearer. I WILL pay 65 for madden, I will pay 65 for ncaa, and if I have to, I will pay 65 for BACKBREAKER. But some need to learn how to argue in a more adult manner. Not all of us are going to agree on everything.
To me, and I WISH I did not feel this way, but the passing with the QB is horrible! Does not come close to 2k, does not come close to madden. The game looks like something played on a STAR TREK movie, Im sorry, I hate the way I feel. You people know that this game will not even come close to touching Madden, you are fooling yourself if you think it will. SUCKS, but true! WAIT AND SEE!

I simply stated I wanted to see if there'll be interactive sidelines and refs, and was called a troll with an agenda.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

OH RLY? Is that all you did?

What about your post in the Wal-Mart thread? yeah... the one you deleted for the reason of "people don't like to taste their own medicine"

You are a troll. It is ok (not really). Just accept it and be who you are! (please change, you make yourself sound stupid).

Anyway, back on topic.

The animation could be better. Its not a game breaker obviously, its just an aesthetics thing. I agree, though, they all look a little funky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »