Home

Have you EVER seen this in a football videogame.(in this thread, only gameplay video)

This is a discussion on Have you EVER seen this in a football videogame.(in this thread, only gameplay video) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Have you EVER seen this in a football videogame.(in this thread, only gameplay vi

Can somebody post a soft wrap tackle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Have you EVER seen this in a football videogame.(in this thread, only gameplay vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
I saw a bunch of hard wrap tackles. There were lots of thick hits with really good form. BUT, they were all hard none the less.

Not a big deal for me, because I believe they are in there.
They as in "soft tackles" Who tackles soft in football? I see a variety of tackles in the video, not just hard hits.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #27
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Please, don't argue semantics. I will win.

When two players run at each other with equal force, there is a stale mate. You see it happen all the time. haven't seen it happen yet.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
Please, don't argue semantics. I will win.

When two players run at each other with equal force, there is a stale mate. You see it happen all the time. haven't seen it happen yet.
in the slow mo version at 2:20 they both tackle together and completely stop the momentum of the HB how then gets into a stalemate and he gets brought down. Sure it wasnt a solo tackle but isnt that a fundamental wrap up break down and tackle of a player? It would seriously help if you could show us a clip via youtube or something else of what kind of wrap up tackle you mean. I honestly dont understand what you mean by a soft wrap up tackle.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #29
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

The problem is, I can't find one. No one posts vids of regualr, run-of-the-mill tackles. There are all big hit highlight videos.

That is the best example seen so far.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:58 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 12

What's the song in that vid? I know I know it from somewhere and now it's bothering me. Hate when I can't identify something. Not my genre of music but I ... MUST..... KNOW....
Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #31
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Don't know the name of the song, but it's in the nike commercial following LT and Troy Polamalu from childhood to their pro careers. Maybe that'll at least get you pointed in the right direction.

EDIT: Ennio Morricone - Ecstacy of the Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGe7iK1O-4

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 02-22-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

The videos look great but remember that animations are only one part of the game, an important part for sure, but AI, physics, and control are also vital to the game. Do not expect Backbreaker to be vastly superior to other football games because this is only the first development cycle , although it may surprise some who have low expectations. It is nice to have a different football game on the market though with real time animations and controls. I am looking forward to it and hope for the best.

Another sequel or two may be required to meet the highest expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »