Home

Canned Animations

This is a discussion on Canned Animations within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Canned Animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
"Canned" or not doesn't matter as much to me as the player's abilities determining how the whole sequence plays out from start to finish and the decisions the player makes impacting what his "animation" is.

True. A.I. is still A.I.

A semi-canned player may be an improvement over a fully-canned player, but that semi-canned player still needs to be smart.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

After Backbreaker, developers might be ashamed to have "canned animations" or games that are animation based.

Finally, we're going to get an attempt at innovation.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
They may not be "canned animations" in Backbreaker, but I seriously doubt that you won't see a one on one tackle more than once or like someone catching a pass. It's not a "canned" animation since they didn't do mo-cap, but you will see some things more than once
The euphoria engine is based on physics. Physical interactions or collisions will all depend on the speed, weight and angle the players are coming from. You will never see the same tackle twice.

Some of the running and throwing animations will be the same, but not the blocking and tackling.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #20

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Dude, you know you gave it a 60% right... From the sounds of it, it's more like 90% since it's the ONLY reason you really gave for getting the game in the first place...

That being said, I'm of the mind set that even IF the BB game isn't 100% fantastic, people every where will no longer be able to give HUGE props for how "good" Madden looks overall... I'm not expecting it to over take Madden this year, but the fact that they are around and using new software that completly removes "canned animations" which has ALWAYS been Madden's go to form of animation... We still see animation in that series that have been there, and repeat at length over the past 10 or more installments of the franchise... Unless Madden makes huge strides, I'd like to see, though I'm not expecting to see Maddens reviews go something like this "Blah blah blah, Exclusive licence, blah blah blah still have canned animations, blah blah blah the old saying that it's nothing more then a roster update with faulty game play still holds true, blah blah blah, but again, it's your only option... 6.5"
Well I did happen to say in my post that it was fun to play but, the problems I see in the game that still exist makes it a problem. No game is perfect and I don't expect BB to take over madden, out sell madden or anything like that. Madden is fun to play but, It gets old and I just want something new.

I guess saying the "only reason" was a bit strong but, It is a at least half the reason I buy madden almost every year. I can deal with madden because, I have to and I basically have no other choice if I want my video football fix. There are no other football games out there right now that can go pound for pound against madden. No one is forcing me to play madden but, I hope BB can make some noise and that is all I can hope for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »