Home

Canned Animations

This is a discussion on Canned Animations within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Canned Animations

Will all football video game previews, reviews, and discussions henceforth contain the phrase "canned animations"?

I don't see how anyone will be able to amply review Madden 11 without mentioning canned animations. The phrase simply rocks! It's just a funny, arguably pejorative juxtaposition of words.

By the way, can it accurately be stated that Backbreaker features "uncanned animations"? Or is Backbreaker animation-free, whether it's canned or uncanned?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Canned Animations

Backbreaker will still have canned animations I think, just not in terms of tackling. I'm not completely sure, but I think certain animations will still be obtained from mo-cap such as kicking, throwing, catching... maybe blocking?

If this game is completely mo-cap free... please correct me. I'd like to know myself.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

no i don't think. canned animations are the mo-cap. if guys want to see farve release, peyton release, and other signatures then the mo-cap is necessary. otherwise everything would be standard with no distinction.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

They may not be "canned animations" in Backbreaker, but I seriously doubt that you won't see a one on one tackle more than once or like someone catching a pass. It's not a "canned" animation since they didn't do mo-cap, but you will see some things more than once
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
They may not be "canned animations" in Backbreaker, but I seriously doubt that you won't see a one on one tackle more than once or like someone catching a pass. It's not a "canned" animation since they didn't do mo-cap, but you will see some things more than once
Yeah, but it implies that the environment will dictate what we see, not so much a random number that selects a canned animation to play out. That's the big selling point that I see.

I thought games right now are pretty much a ton of mo-cap pieced together. If that's the case, how does BackBreaker get around that? Do they just edit the characters in-game and use their engine to let things play out? That'd be really cool!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

well as far as mo-cap my understanding that if forms a library from all the mocap and gets pieced together that way. In BB i think there is def an animation side to it.they had to build there library of animations, through using biomechanics and that's how the animations are done. I think . that is the only way to incorporate physics with out mo cap in my way of thinking.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Let me just say at the end of the year both madden 11 and BB will both be good to play point blank. I think when really comes down to both madden fans and BB fans. Both groups have different opinions which game is going to be better this year. But for me I am willing to give BB a try when it comes out but I am going to buy madden 11 aswell. It does not hurt to have both. Both games will be good in their own way one way are another.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 02-23-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
MVP

Hova57's Arena

on my lunch break and i found this page check it even the chat part pretty cool info. i think

http://http://www.moddb.com/games/ov...using-euphoria

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »