Home

Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise Mode?

I'm concerned about overall variety and camera angle, All Pro 2K was a well made football game, but the lack of options with the rosters and no franchise mode kinda limited the longevity. The gameplay looks pretty good, but I'm worried about angles that make the gameplay unrealistically.

Moses
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygold
The gameplay looks pretty good, but I'm worried about angles that make the gameplay unrealistically.
How does the Backbreaker camera perspective take away from football realism?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygold
I'm concerned about overall variety and camera angle, All Pro 2K was a well made football game, but the lack of options with the rosters and no franchise mode kinda limited the longevity. The gameplay looks pretty good, but I'm worried about angles that make the gameplay unrealistically.
How exactly does the camera angle make it unrealistic? If anything it makes it far more realistic.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
How exactly does the camera angle make it unrealistic? If anything it makes it far more realistic.
Yeah, I don't get it. It's like some of these camera view poster's reality are distorted by hours of "chessboard perspective" football.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
How does the Backbreaker camera perspective take away from football realism?

Depends on "realism"

If they mean "as you see it on TV" then no it's not going to do that (neither does that typical "high behind the QB view" - only sideways football games come close to that)

If you mean on the field realism - the BB cam is closer - though not really realistic either. If the camera were like a helmet-cam, that would be closer than the current view, but the current view is closer for on-the-field realism by far.

My only concern is how fast are you going to be able to scan the field? When I turn my head around, I can do so pretty quick but still pick out a different target. Will BB's system make your head turn at a snails pace? Will it turn pretty quick? Is there a TB like control (or like the Vision Cam) where you can push a button to target the next receiver in your progression?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #46
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
I find this response sad.

EA has let you down so many times that a completely seperate game developer can state they have a feature and there's an automatic negative spin where they must prove themselves, because it's all you ever get from EA, talk without much substance.

Not really fair to NM I think.
Other than another chance to take a shot at Madden, what does his response remotely have to do with Madden?

He's taking a somewhat skeptical wait and see approach. I see nothing wrong with that, when waiting for the release of a first time product that has given out relatively few details on the mode.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #47
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Yeah, I don't get it. It's like some of these camera view poster's reality are distorted by hours of "chessboard perspective" football.
Everyone's perception of reality when it comes to football is different.

I am not too hot on the new camera angles either, but I am taking the obvious wait and see how it works in my hands perspective before passing any kind of judgement. But I do understand the concern some people have when it comes to the camera angle.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Will BB's system make your head turn at a snails pace? Will it turn pretty quick? Is there a TB like control (or like the Vision Cam) where you can push a button to target the next receiver in your progression?
I'm assuming it's all right stick. Left-Right to scan the field, UP to pass, Down & Up for a deep throw. I'm also assuming that in arcade mode the intended receiver is lit up. I doubt that the developers would have your scanning ability moving at a snail's pace. Hmmmm...could the speed of your scan be an ability?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »