Home

Developer Clarified that you will be able to use Custom teams online...link in here

This is a discussion on Developer Clarified that you will be able to use Custom teams online...link in here within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Developer Clarified that you will be able to use Custom teams online...link in here

Quote:
Wow this has really spiralled out of control again! Let me clarify... though I'm not going into complete details since a lot of this will be covered in the upcoming previews.

1) You can take your custom team online
2) Your friends will see your full team design including logos and endzones
3) Strangers online will see a default logo and endzone replace your created logos but your team will otherwise remain the same statistically. And YOU will still see your logo creations and endzones.

Bottom line... the title of this thread is incorrect. You 100% can take custom teams online and play anyone you want.

Further information about custom teams will be revealed in due course.
http://forum.backbreakergame.com/sho...d=1#post202005

like some of us figured, it depends if you are playing your friends....now I'm guessing here , but what you can do is...find someone to play, and if they seem decent, add them as a friend right then and there before you two play.....and bam both gamers can see each other's customs logos and unis.

Last edited by Afrikan; 02-25-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Developer Clarified that you will be able to use Custom teams online...link in he

This is going to be a very cool feature to whats already shaping up to be a great game. I can't wait to see some of the logos and color schemes created by myself and others. This game is hitting on all cylinders. Its like they took notes on all other football games and their shortcomings and decided to personally address them. This is how APF2k8 should have approached their customization issues which would help circumvent not having a NFL liscense. If you can't play with your favorite NFL team the 2nd best thing would be playing with your favorite created team.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Developer Clarified that you will be able to use Custom teams online...link in he

this is huge. esp for online leagues..

now, i just wonder how deep player editing will be. will it be like all pro and limit us to only 11 guys to be edited or can we edit the whole team?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 02-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 55

Yep this is what I read from the magazine too. Someone just simply misinterpreted the generic logo thing for generic teams.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Yep this is what I read from the magazine too. Someone just simply misinterpreted the generic logo thing for generic teams.
NFL league still on KC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
^^^ The big concern for me before the clarification was the possibility that you couldn't use the uniforms you created, online. The Devs say you can use your full uniform to be seen while playing friends, but that you will have generic logos while playing against strangers and your team will remain the same statistically (statistically of course would have to do with created players and ratings).

But I still wonder if that means both generic logos and developer-made uni's will only be seen while playing strangers? That part they didn't say. I hope at least your design stays intact to be seen, minus the logos. If you can still see your own team's stuff that's alright, but I thought creating teams and going online with them was partly a showing experience. In APF, it was cool going online and asking people for their code or them asking you for your's when there was a cool team design.

Not a huge deal by any stretch, just a little something I thought APF did a good job with (except for the scripture-like uniform codes).

Last edited by TheWatcher; 02-25-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

This is AWESOME news. The dev also said that early March we will find out everything about online multiplayer and the offline league systems (the dev said he bolded the "s" for deliberate emphasis... hmm
Old 02-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
This is AWESOME news. The dev also said that early March we will find out everything about online multiplayer and the offline league systems (the dev said he bolded the "s" for deliberate emphasis... hmm
So finally, we are getting some information about more of the innards of the game?

At last...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »