Home

Backbreaker won't have injuries.

This is a discussion on Backbreaker won't have injuries. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker won't have injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Hmm.....a football game ran by actual physics with no injuries?

Or a game that is ran by exploits, morphing, and superhuman AI with injuries that only keep a player out for a few plays at the most?

Not a difficult decision. I have been living without realistic injuries since the beginning of this gens systems.
the thing is, NM developers... who started at 8 people...then ballooned to 12 to make this game....well they seem like perfectionist.....if they were to do injuries, it would have to to be right...and not fake...

they have said it is possible because their system can tell when a certain part of a model's body is impacted and at what force.....but it seemed like they wanted to get the other stuff done first......like different franchise modes, deep customizations and implementing Euphoria correctly...

like I said in another post.... I wouldn't be surprised if they added it in a patch later in the year....or just when BackBreaker 2 releases.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
the thing is, NM developers... who started at 8 people...then ballooned to 12 to make this game....well they seem like perfectionist.....if they were to do injuries, it would have to to be right...and not fake...

they have said it is possible because their system can tell when a certain part of a model's body is impacted and at what force.....but it seemed like they wanted to get the other stuff done first......like different franchise modes, deep customizations and implementing Euphoria correctly...

like I said in another post.... I wouldn't be surprised if they added it in a patch later in the year....or just when BackBreaker 2 releases.
I agree with that. A patch would be great if they added that in. Otherwise, I could still care less. Im still getting this game, because even with no injuries, it is still lightyears past Madden.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Except a 500 layer tool that you can use to create NFL teams and run a NFL league. God, stop your whining.
An NFL league where no one ever gets hurt. I'm so excited.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Tito78, It's obvious that you are just dying to find some issue with Backbreaker that you can shout from the mountain tops. This game is a first time effort from Natural Motion, and there will be some things left out. If you can't see past that and realize that this game is going where no Football game has gone before, maybe Backbreaker is not the game for you.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
An NFL league where no one ever gets hurt. I'm so excited.
You already get from Madden. Whats your point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Tito78, It's obvious that you are just dying to find some issue with Backbreaker that you can shout from the mountain tops. This game is a first time effort from Natural Motion, and there will be some things left out. If you can't see past that and realize that this game is going where no Football game has gone before, maybe Backbreaker is not the game for you.
It's obvious you don't know me or what you're talking about. Check my post history. You'll find many positive posts about BB. I've also been a memeber of the BB for two years. This game is a first time effort that has been development for three years. The devs stated it was really easy to implement injuries, but they still chose to leave them out.

I should have known something was wrong when the devs chose the stupid player models.

Last edited by Tito78; 03-02-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
No injuries = FAIL.

How can you release a game without injuries and expect people to take it seriously. BB was already at a disadvantage without the license. Now they want to release the game without injuries.

Is this game being released for Nintendo ? Is this 1988 ? I can't remember a sports game that didn't have injuries.
I am fine with no injuries. They should have had it but who wants to lose their key players anyway.

As long as the gameplay and customization is GREAT and it looks it. This game has enormous potential.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
You already get from Madden. Whats your point?
I don't get anything from Madden: I traded the game because I didn't enjoy playing it, that's my point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »