Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

The defense looks like it is going to be quit fun for the user.

I like the passing view as well.

I was a little underwhelmed by the run blocking though...it looked like every play was jail break..cant tell if the blockers arent blocking, or the D just happened to make a call to blow the play up.

I also noticed the LBs REALLy close together on one running play clip, but again..dont know if that is their natural alignment, or the result of a shift.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
Man, I am not feeling the camera angle. You know how you hear the phrase "keeps his eyes downfield" said about a quarterback? The receivers downfield aren't what's in focus, the line is. I don't know, I never played qb, I was one of the line, but just watching those videos I feel like I'm straining just to see the secondary.

The run game also looks weak, the whole mesh point between the qb and the running back is messed up. To start with, the hand off itself looks weird, the timing is just not there. They showed a lot of draw plays, it's almost comical how the qb is reaching forward to hand the ball off. After the hand off, the qb just sort of stands there like an idiot, good luck selling bootlegs and play fakes when you don't carry out the fake on actual running plays. One of the last plays on defense the qb actually gets rolled up on since he just sort of meanders around the pile. Sure, it's a little thing, but there's a very good reason why quarterbacks either bootleg out or continue their drop back after handing the ball off, and that's so that the defense can't immediately figure out whether it's a run or a pass play. Tackles alone don't make a game feel authentic, and except for when players are in contact, this game looks like it's dropping the ball.
This.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 17

I think the game looks great.. the tackles looks great. the passing looks good and intense. and i did not like the ign article all the guy did was try to find stuff to complain about. like he was pretty much saying just because hes not good at creating a logo hes not happy about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #52
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I cannot say this enough....... (and probably wont stop until well after the game is released)......

I am amazed at what people are expecting from this game.

They dont have nfl support, they dont have base game to build from, and they are trying to innovate new things into football games. People have a hard time accepting whats new so they hate. We are guessing how much we may or may not like something based on a few videos .

This reminds me alot of the 2k/madden wars. Guys are dismissing the game before giving it a real shot. Oh well everyone will be complaining and i will be in a league with some good os'ers and will be having a blast with whatever short comings this game will have .
Old 03-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 16

I see nothing wrong with the IGN article. He makes some valid points such as the A.I controlling the passes and their being only one camera angle.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I cannot say this enough....... (and probably wont stop until well after the game is released)......

I am amazed at what people are expecting from this game.

They dont have nfl support, they dont have base game to build from, and they are trying to innovate new things into football games. People have a hard time accepting whats new so they hate. We are guessing how much we may or may not like something based on a few videos .

This reminds me alot of the 2k/madden wars. Guys are dismissing the game before giving it a real shot. Oh well everyone will be complaining and i will be in a league with some good os'ers and will be having a blast with whatever short comings this game will have .
No.. It's the fact that people thinks this game is better than Madden already.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #55
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
No.. It's the fact that people thinks this game is better than Madden already.
Yea that completely shocks me. Can we at least play it before we start making crazy claims.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #56
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 3/2 IGN Early Backbreaker Gameplay Videos

There was double team blocking on some of those pass plays. Kinda neat

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »