Home

Release Date Pushed Back a Week.

This is a discussion on Release Date Pushed Back a Week. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Release Date Pushed Back a Week.

Anytime you are a small time game, releasing with some big name titles is not very smart.

In fact, thats a huge blunder that AP2k8 made. Whos bright idea was it to have it release and compete with EAs football titles. They released on the same day in some parts of the country and I think the official release was 1 day after NCAA came out?

Had they released it earlier, then they could have vaulted ahead with sales from people eager to get a football title.

But to push a release back and then to schedule it on the same day as some hyped games is beyond belief when it comes to a marketing standpoint.

If they need to push it back a few weeks then thats fine, but dont try to force a release when other big name / hyped titles are scheduled to release.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Anytime you are a small time game, releasing with some big name titles is not very smart.

In fact, thats a huge blunder that AP2k8 made. Whos bright idea was it to have it release and compete with EAs football titles. They released on the same day in some parts of the country and I think the official release was 1 day after NCAA came out?

Had they released it earlier, then they could have vaulted ahead with sales from people eager to get a football title.

But to push a release back and then to schedule it on the same day as some hyped games is beyond belief when it comes to a marketing standpoint.

If they need to push it back a few weeks then thats fine, but dont try to force a release when other big name / hyped titles are scheduled to release.
Well bro that is the way is sometime. That is life in the gaming sales.you take risks sometime.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll definitely be getting this over UFC 10. UFC Undisputed was a one time thing. I played it and liked it a lot, but I am out of the whole UFC fad now. I'd be willing to bet many more out there are like me and played the crap out of the first, but won't be getting the 2nd.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'll definitely be getting this over UFC 10. UFC Undisputed was a one time thing. I played it and liked it a lot, but I am out of the whole UFC fad now. I'd be willing to bet many more out there are like me and played the crap out of the first, but won't be getting the 2nd.
you underestimate UFC fans.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

And some underestimate football fans. With proper marketing I can see this game being twice the game APF 2k8 was. Also, with such a small team that worked on this and the fact it was their engine they made a while before this game. I think being twice 28 will be a big profit for a small team. The fact Rockstar and other companies also bought licenses to use the engine will also add to the money Natural Motion has. So I think we may see a sequel within a few years.

I am not saying everyone is not buying the second UFC game, but I and 3-4 of my friends are not buying it either. But, we aren't really UFC fans. We followed casually.

― Plato
Old 03-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
you underestimate UFC fans.
they are the new Madden fans...haha

I'm getting UFC 2010....I really enjoyed 09...so hopefully they continue to improve the game.

I'm also getting EAMMA....at first I was cautious because it was made by EA Tiburon..but the vids looked pretty good...and its like they have to win over the UFC gamers.....so we'll see if they keep it up...

but its funny EA games are releasing months apart from the games that compete with them...so this year I'm going..

MAY
BackBreaker - Day One
UFC 2010 - Day One

later in the year
Madden - used
EAMMA -Day One

but this can all change next year...
Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #15
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

From what I've seen so far (I'm impressed) push it back 2 months for all I care, just make this game as good as you can. Learn from APF2K8, unless you really bring it there may not be enough support for a followup game.

Let's add some different height and weight to the appearance and in game physics and give the players some individuality.

This game is really going to make it tough on Madden this year. I'll going to be the first one to say, with a few developers with a limited budget without the NFL license to make the first NEXT gen football game EA you are pathetic.

Ian (Madden head Dev.) was upset at all the comments about Madden last year, This game is going to really going to reveal how EA has rested on it's laurels and just cashed in on the NFL license year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »