Home

Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Alpha build or not, I doubt they are going to redo the player models which are hideous, or the run animations which are robotic. There may be tweaks to gameplay and small AI changes, but we are pretty much gonna get what we see now.

The game will not challenge Madden, and I HATE that game. I am still playing NFL2K5 which tells you something about the state of affairs. But to think this game is going to revolutionize console football is just ridiculous. It will take them 5 dev cycles to get all the kinks out with blocking, cpu AI, animations, etc.

They may have a base to work from now, but the initial offering is going to leave alot of hardcore football folks disappointed. Maybe the arcade kids will gobble it up.

C
We just got a tease of what is to come not what is. Big difference

Do I see flaws? YES... Why are there flaws? Because it's an Alpha Build. Judge the game when it is completed.

This game has an element of arcade but that's just a built beginners level with the glowing ball etc. That's different from the pro mode. There will be people that will play the game at that level just to get adjusted and some will prefer it maybe. I don't have a problem with the player models. The player pads are different. They are futuristic looking.That's not a deal breaker for me.

You are judging this game on the early stages of the building process. It's foolish even the guy who sampled the alpha build, which will never see the light of day or even be played with. Even the reviewer didn't give the game a real review because how could he, He is sampling the game at early birth stage.

As far as revolutionizing the football video game. This game potentially can just based on it's natural physics which no football video game has ever had. My expectations are not as high as others. I like the idea of an alternative football game that looks and feels different than any football game, i have ever played before. I also love all the features the game has. The two franchise modes, The different playing modes, total customization etc... The gameplay is the biggest key. Until I see the final build. I am not judging the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 09:03 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonM
We are all judging this game based off an Alpha Build. You can't look at it as a completed game yet. The makers of this game are in the de-bugging stage as we speak. The car is not even ready to be driven yet. We are just getting a sample of what it looks like in the early birth stage.

I like what this game features and what I have seen so far. I am judging it for what it is right now. An alpha build. If the game is completed and has flaws. Then I will judge it fairly but it's not at that stage yet.
Uhhh that's why we're here. We judge media that's released about a game we're interested in. This is the BB blind defense at it's finest.

Nobody said "OMG I'm NOT purchasing this b/c of these videos!"

They said something more along the lines of: "I'm concerned, I didn't really like those".

Pahlease!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 21

Agreed. If the Backbreaker team is not ready for early feedback then they should not release the game and clips to the media. To think we are going to see a whole new game with drastic improvements is not realistic.

I am hoping for the best...don't get me wrong. I'd love a realistic looking and playing fully customizable football game, but for whatever reasons the manufacturers seem to think they know better what the public wants. Truly...has there been an outcry for futuristic football? Or has the discussions over the past 5 years or so been more about, "give me a super realistic looking and playing football game that I can use to recreate the NFL, but also use generic teams and players if I wish"?

Why are we always spoon fed things we never asked for. If the animation and tackling system is the maker's pride and joy and what they are using to sell the game for the most part, why couldn't they wrap that into something all of us have been clamoring for?

I don't get it. I'll wait to read the reviews come release time, but I will be very surprised if this game has any legs at all.

C
Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Uhhh that's why we're here. We judge media that's released about a game we're interested in. This is the BB blind defense at it's finest.

Nobody said "OMG I'm NOT purchasing this b/c of these videos!"

They said something more along the lines of: "I'm concerned, I didn't really like those".

Pahlease!
I am not blind defending. I am just critizing the people who are reviewing an Alpha Build and treating it like it is the finished product.

I think it's cool when people point out the game's issues and concerns. That's what a free forum is about but I have read posts where people have stated that they are not going to buy or play this game based on the alpha build videos. I am not making this stuff up.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 27

I say either the models look this way because of a technology hurdle they haven't been able to get over, or they truly are trying to make a play on the futuristic angle in order to stand out. It's more than likely the latter.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I say either the models look this way because of a technology hurdle they haven't been able to get over, or they truly are trying to make a play on the futuristic angle in order to stand out. It's more than likely the latter.
I agree with you. I just think it is an odd design decision if the latter...I have never seen one request asking for a more futuristic look. Just the opposite actually, gamers (kids and adults) want to play with their favorite players in the NFL and they want them to be exact down to Jerri curls. Since they do not have the NFL license, they should provide a way to replicate the experience and the player models looking real is step 1.

Oh well...guess we'll see in 2 months or so.

C
Old 03-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #31
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I guess that statment "watch out EA" was a little premature...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: NEW IGN ARTICLE AND GAMEPLAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
So... nobody is going to mention the absolutely hideous throw off the QB's back foot into quadruple coverage for a TD? That's disgusting.

I'm okay with the playbooks. Simplicity is fine with me, as long as it's balanced. There's a better chance they are capable of balancing 50 plays instead of 500.

EDIT: Note that they WERE playing on pro mode in the last 2 videos. That's as many plays as we get. It's limited.
The throw off the back foot didn't bother me. It was the bullet pass that I didn't like, but oh well. I could sit and pick apart any game all day long, especially "that other game".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »